Question about contact info on queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't sure which forum was best, but as it's not a query critique I posted it here.

Okay so, on your queries you put your contact info--address, phone, email, etc. but by the time I start sending out queries, I will be living in college dorms. My house, thankfully, is close enough that I can drive home on the weekends and get my mail, so that is obviously going to be the address provided. But what do I do for the phone number? The home phone is, obviously, not instantly accessible, but I don't know how agents view cell phones as primary contact. Are cell numbers okay to put on the query?

I'm probably being a little paranoid, but better safe than sorry. And cell phone etiquette is all screwed up these days.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Get a PO Box. And use your cell phone. Why should an agent care if it's a cell or home phone? Like what's his name ;) said, a phone is a phone is a phone.

(btw, more and more people get rid of their land lines now. I would say 6 out of 10 of my friends are completely on their cells. I don't even know their home #s)

Last edited:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Can an agent leave a message on your home phone? You could explain you will reply the next day if not there. They can't expect people to wait at the phone for their contact.

C.M. Daniels

Cinnamon, sit. Bad fish!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.opendiary.com
The only phone I've had for years now, is a cell. For my most recent sale, I was contacted by the editor, over the phone. So long as you keep the same number, it shouldn't be a problem.

And, maestrowork is spot on about getting a P.O. box. You'll move more times than you can count during your college career. Having that box as a constant will save you a lot of legwork.

Oh, and good luck at school.

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
The only phone I've had for years now, is a cell. For my most recent sale, I was contacted by the editor, over the phone. So long as you keep the same number, it shouldn't be a problem.

And, maestrowork is spot on about getting a P.O. box. You'll move more times than you can count during your college career. Having that box as a constant will save you a lot of legwork.

Oh, and good luck at school.

Thanks =)

I'll be at this school for the next two years, and my house is only an hour away so that'll stay my address. Besides, if I do move, my parents can forward everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.