PDA

View Full Version : What are you out of?

Fraulein
07-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I just ran out of peanut butter. Argggg! :tongue

jenngreenleaf
07-19-2008, 05:22 PM
I need to "refresh" and restock my spices BADLY. LOL :D

Disa
07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
coffee! I'm out of coffeeee :(

L M Ashton
07-20-2008, 04:58 AM
How long of a list can I add here?

Cranky
07-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Garlic
Avacado
Need pork chops
Fresh apricots
Bananas
Yeast

That's off the top of my head. I need to go shopping, and badly. *sigh*

Williebee
07-20-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm out of garlic. How serious is that? I have no idea what I'm cooking tomorrow, but I will be making a midnight run to the store tonight.

Clair Dickson
07-20-2008, 05:20 AM
I need to "refresh" and restock my spices BADLY. LOL :D

:ROFL:

I only wish. I just ran out of milk mid-baking and had to substitute with some water.

Cranky
07-20-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm out of garlic. How serious is that? I have no idea what I'm cooking tomorrow, but I will be making a midnight run to the store tonight.

I don't know about you, but lack of garlic in my house is like...Defcon 2 or something.

L M Ashton
07-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I ran out of garlic. It must have been in the 80s before I knew better...

Williebee
07-20-2008, 06:46 AM
It must have been in the 80s before I knew better...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. rub it in. I never ran out of garlic until after I discovered the value of using fresh instead of powdered.

LimeyDawg
07-20-2008, 06:47 AM
I need eggs and soup--mexican tortilla or progresso creamy mushroom

jennifer75
07-20-2008, 06:50 AM
I just used the last of the butter....and almost all the milk....and I just drank the last beer.....and i need a fresh loaf of bread.....and did I mention beer? I also need another beer. and milk. and beer. I just cant say how bad i need a beer. and butter. :)

Bubastes
07-20-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't know about you, but lack of garlic in my house is like...Defcon 2 or something.

Yup, me too.

I'm out of lemons. I also need to get some more fresh veggies for snacks and more raisins for my oatmeal.

smoothseas
07-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Fennel seed. Oh, and coconut milk for the curry I'm planning.

Fraulein
07-20-2008, 07:27 AM
How long of a list can I add here?You can make the list as long as you'd like. :)

I need to buy milk and eggs. My bf bought four boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix that was on sale for 3/$1.00, and since we don't have milk because we usually buy chocolate soy milk, the Jiffy boxes are turning into space-holders rather than hot cornbread. :Shrug:

Cranky
07-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Yup, me too.

I'm out of lemons. I also need to get some more fresh veggies for snacks and more raisins for my oatmeal.

You just reminded me that I'm all out of raisins, too. *adds to list*

Chameleon
07-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Pepsi..cold, refreshing pepsi!

L M Ashton
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. rub it in. I never ran out of garlic until after I discovered the value of using fresh instead of powdered.
Glad I could help. :D

You can make the list as long as you'd like. :)

Well, the list starts with everything I miss from when I lived in Canada that I can't get here. After that, there isn't much else to the list. :)

CheriVixen
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Bread, peanut butter, Fluff. What will we have for lunch?

Kitrianna
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Milk. That's the only thing I've run completely out of and that was only this morning, so I'm not doing bad. :D

creamofmushroom
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM

im out of garlic too lol

Tink
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Ima otta evehthin...including the energy to go to the market.

Fraulein
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Ima otta evehthin...including the energy to go to the market.I hope that you can find the energy somehow. :Hug2:

I lounged all day yesterday, so now I have to force myself to get out of the house and onto the road. Fun, fun. :rolleyes:

quickWit
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
*runs through thread with pants on head*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

blacbird
07-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Luck.

caw

Gravity
07-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Toejam. It goes so quickly at our house. The grandkids love it...

JennaGlatzer
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
*Gag*

Anti-nausea pills?

And milk. Going to get me some. And a Mega Millions ticket so I can win and adopt a large quantity of children. Bye.

icerose
07-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I'm out of paprika, I'm low on a few other spices, bread, gotta bake some tomorrow, for now we have leftover homemade pizza. Hmmm...

I'm always buying milk, eggs, butter, flour, and sugar because I'm cooking everything.

Oo, I'm out of whole wheat flour, one of these days I'm going to buy me a grinder.

jennifer75
07-23-2008, 02:48 AM
*Gag*

Anti-nausea pills?

And milk. Going to get me some. And a Mega Millions ticket so I can win and adopt a large quantity of children. Bye.

THAT'S IT!!!

That's what I was forgetting to do....thanks Jenna. :)

Oh, and I'm still outta beer.

Gravity
07-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Oh, and I'm still outta beer.

When you buy it, don't forget to have the butcher cut you some fresh toejam. The prepackaged stuff just doesn't compare, and the fresh stuff goes so well with a light pilsner! :)

jennifer75
07-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Nice!

LimeyDawg
07-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Tolerance for stupidity and beer. I'm in a dangerous place.

Fraulein
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Stupid drunks are the worst! Silly, funny drunks are much better. I hope you can find the silly, funny drunks in that dangerous place. :)

L M Ashton
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
That's how I felt whenever I lived in southern Germany for a few months. The Germans eat foods that are pretty normal, but I couldn't find my favorites sometimes.
Here are a few examples:
I really like pizza but not their salami pizza.
They hardly use rice. In fact, I don't remember eating rice at all while I lived there.
Their bottled water always had carbonation. Think of Pierre. I either had to shake the water to get the bubbles out or scour out "still" water from a hidden place within the grocery aisle.
They didn't use fresh milk, so their milk was stored at room temperature. Therefore, I never drank it.
Their bread was dense, and it didn't have any fluff to it. :(

Pizza Hut, besides have Biryani Pizza and using chicken hotdogs in the place of sausage, has now started offering Chinese pizza. It has me afraid. Very very afraid. McDonalds offers rice as a side with burgers. :eek: Milk here is hardly ever fresh - powdered. Since it's pretty much all imported and they need to save on the weight of water. And have I mentioned what the French bread was like? Basically, it was dense, oily, sweet, and the only resemblance to French bread was the shape. That's it.

So glad someone feels my pain. ;)

icerose
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Pizza Hut, besides have Biryani Pizza and using chicken hotdogs in the place of sausage, has now started offering Chinese pizza. It has me afraid. Very very afraid. McDonalds offers rice as a side with burgers. :eek: Milk here is hardly ever fresh - powdered. Since it's pretty much all imported and they need to save on the weight of water. And have I mentioned what the French bread was like? Basically, it was dense, oily, sweet, and the only resemblance to French bread was the shape. That's it.

So glad someone feels my pain. ;)

If you want a good simple french bread recipe, I use one all the time. It makes great frenchtoast because it doesn't crumble like regular homemade bread. I also have an everlasting yeast recipe where you only need 2 tbs of yeast to get it started then you just feed it, so you always have viable yeast, since you said that was a problem where you live.

I also have two really good pizza recipes if you'd like, my in-laws just stated it was the best pizza that they'd ever had, made me so happy. :D

L M Ashton
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Icerose, I'd love your French bread recipe! I use sourdough exclusively for my leaven now and it works great (I have digestion problems with yeast bread but not with sourdough), but I can adapt it easily enough. :) And yep, I'd also be happy to take your pizza dough recipes for a spin. :)

Sarpedon
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Peppers, cilantro, shampoo.

icerose
07-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Icerose, I'd love your French bread recipe! I use sourdough exclusively for my leaven now and it works great (I have digestion problems with yeast bread but not with sourdough), but I can adapt it easily enough. :) And yep, I'd also be happy to take your pizza dough recipes for a spin. :)

PM on the way. I also have a perpetual yougurt recipe that can also be used as a base for sour cream, cream cheese, or flavored yougurt and you only need cultures once if you have a hard time getting those. It also uses powdered milk so no need having to worry about the fresh!

CBumpkin
07-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Let's see, checking the refrigerator and cupboards, I'm out of... food. (Basically everything but beans and rice!

JLCwrites
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Chocolate. DAMN!

threedogpeople
07-29-2008, 10:12 PM
lettuce
yellow & red onions
celery
carrots
peppers
fruit
bread
eggs
corn meal
cheddar cheese (for tacos tomorrow night)
tomatoes

I'm sure there is more but that's all that's on the list right now.

Moonfish
08-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Flour.

nicolen
08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Garlic. I know it was on my shopping list, but I've somehow managed to forget it.

rhymegirl
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
What are you out of?

Ideas for meals.

Kitrianna
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
EVERYTHING! well not really. I just don't have it with me at the motel...but I have concocted some really yummy crockpot recipes in the past few days as I prefer crockpot meals to microwaved crud.