Quick Q: Submitting the first 50 pages of the novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genester

Registered
Reaction score
Folks,

Quick question. I have been asked by an agent to submit the first fifty pages of my novel. Although this is pretty straightforward at a first glance, I am a little confused about something. Since the format is double-spaced...do agents expect the first single-spaced pages of the novel (which is some 105 double-spaced pages), or do they want to get fifty double-spaced pages?

Apologies if the question is amateurish, but I would rather ask than screw things up.

Thank you to all in advance.

Cheers,
Genester

darrtwish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to say yes, because when you submit your full MS, they want it double-spaced, so why wouldn't the want a partial MS to not be double-spaced as well.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Standard manuscript format is double-spaced, Courier New or Times New Roman font, sized 12.

Also, don't end the fiftieth page with a partial sentence. Copy it to the end of the last full paragraph on that page.

Genester

Registered
Reaction score
Darrtwish and ChaosTitan,

Thanks for your replies.

I am sorry; I may have expressed myself unclearly. I will certainly submit the pages double-spaced. Thing is, do I submit 50 double-spaced pages, or 106 double-spaced pages (which are the first 50 single-spaced pages of the novel)?

Hope this clarifies it.

Thanks,
Genester

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or 49 or 53 if it makes more reading sense and stops at the end of a chapter, say.

Gotcha - thanks very much.

Cheers,
Genester

Status
Not open for further replies.