Big Brother 10

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Well as some of you know Big Brother 10 is on now--NO it hasn't been on 10 years (debuted in 2000) but to me it's a great show.

Oh and if that wasn't enough, there's Big Brother after dark on Showtime 2.

Anyways, who are your favorites so far? Mine are Keesha (she's hot), Jerry and Jessie. But right now it's too early to tell who is going to win :)

So is Big Brother one of your guilty pleasures?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
You mean the house hasn't exploded and the pointless nobodies inside haven't died a horrible death?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's still going in the UK - an utter waste of time and space.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
here's a headline I wouldn't mind seeing -

Natural Gas Explosion Caused by Residents Themselves Due to Excessive Spoutage of Self-Absorbed Hot Air Destroys Big Brother House. Crew and producers were flung to a deserted island, where they plan to take up navel-gazing and cannibalism to pass the time.

FabulaScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I like Big Brother. lol. I haven't watched every season because it's always so hard to know when it's going to be on next, and if I record it and watch it on a different day, I always wind up missing episodes. I'm watching so far this season, though, and though I don't really have a favorite houseguest quite yet, I did enjoy the way they took Brian out so quickly after he developed that "I'm controlling everything and everyone" attitude. He got way too full of himself way too quickly and it came back to bite him.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I like Big Brother too. I agree about Brian. He was like a bad version of Doctor Will. Will was much more subtle and had his position set up before he went around to everyone. He got a security net of people for him before he went after who he wanted in the house, imo.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm addicted. LOVE the show, but then I watch waaaaayyyy too much TV.

I don't understand how Brian could be so dumb. Didn't he watch the previous seasons??? Everyone knows that you lay low for the first few weeks and don't be a troublemaker.

Renny annoys the crap out of me, but I have a feeling she'll be around just as long as Sheila was last season.

misslissy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Shelia started to grow on me by the end of last season. Renny just drives me nuts though. I'd compare her more to Jen, who never got less annoying.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
I went back and forth on Sheila. Same thing with Jen--I hated her in the first few episodes, but then I felt bad for her when Dick was being a dick.

Renny squawks. And she makes no sense. Please make her go away.

misslissy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I never liked Jen. I just thought she was full of herself and annoying. And when she started eating? I thought that was just dumb, completely dumb. She pretty much sealed her eviction instead of fighting.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. Jen was dumb. No argument there.

I can't wait to see the rest of this season. :)

I love to hate these people.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
So far I like Steve (the Gay rodeo cowboy), Keesha (because she's hot) and Libra :) The others, well of course I like Jerry :)

It's doing pretty good..and I watch Big Brother After Dark--now that's interesting. Right now they're making good use of aluminum foil.

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with JJ. I hate to admit that I sat and watched every night of BB. I don't know why. Probably because it was more intelligent than the current affairs programmes they have on at the same time.

I am also sad to admit that I formed opinions on the housemates and talked about the show when it wasn't on. Thankfully, I did not vote.

I'm glad to see the back of it.

misslissy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hmm. I haven't quite decided who I like yet. Usually there's a person that just sticks out to me and I like them, though I do like Ollie.

And all you people with negative comments I say :p on you because you know what? No one's forcing you to watch the show or be in this thread. You have a choice.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you misslissy. No one's forcing anyone to watch Big Brother

As for tonight's show---why on earth didn't Michelle us the Power of Veto to take one of the guys off? You know Jessie would put up Libra--oh well!!

misslissy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I think it's cause she doesn't want to do anyone else's dirty work. I mean, I wouldn't either. It's better not to mess with things than to stir the pot.

Takvah

Not a D list ego massager...
Registered
Reaction score
Michelle: "Do I look stupid?"

Big Brother: "Uhrmmm, is that a rhetorical question or do you actually want me to answer?"

I really think that the Big Brother camera should have insulting voiceovers that only the viewers can hear. It would make things a little more interesting, especially this 10th time around.

Kent was the best house guest ever. LONG LIVE KENT AND HIS MOLES!

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
Michelle: "Do I look stupid?"

Big Brother: "Uhrmmm, is that a rhetorical question or do you actually want me to answer?"

HA! I thought the exact same thing.

Jessie needs to stop strutting around without a shirt and eyeing himself in the mirror every chance he gets. I liked seeing it for about two episodes. Now I'm bored.

I hope Steven gets to stay.