One of "Those" Days

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
A man I know (okay, it was my brother) did something similar when he was towing a boat and stopped to buy gasoline. He didn't tear down part of the station like in the video, but the force of the impact ripped out the t-top on his vessel.

Sadly (or it was pretty damn funny, depending on how you look at it), the boat was brand new. Still had stickers on it and everything.

(Even when it comes to family, I have no sympathy for idiots.) :D

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is nowhere as good as that but just ten minutes ago I was stuck on the roof. It's noon on a working day and all the properties here are at least two acres. So there's nobody about.

I was on the very top of the ladder cleaning out the gutters and saw the solar pannels looked dirty. I struggled onto the roof which has too severe a slope for me to contemplate in normal times but what the heck - it would only take a minute. Anyway, I soon discovered I'm wearing the wrong shoes. Very slippery. And the hard mould on the glass will need some sort of chemical, so I didn't stay long. But then I realised I would slide if I started downward. There was hardly anything of the ladder above the gutter, so that wouldn't help. In the end I lay spread-eagle to get max friction and slid down, just slow enough so I could direct my legs down onto the ladder.

I'm now having a strong cup of tea to get over the shakes and I'm looking up the 'handyman for hire' section of the phone book.