Question regarding herbs

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've always been very much into herbal medicine, but there are some herbs which I simply can't find much of a use for! Maybe you guys could help me. There's a few herbs that I can't find very much about, so here's a list of them and what I know they do so far:

Yohimbe bark- sexual stimulant
Jezebel root-...no idea
Pau D'arco- powerful antibiotic

There's a few more I can't remember at the moment, but I'll edit later. Does anyone know what else these are used for?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
If memory serves, Jezebel root is similar to the old voodoo oil "Follow Me Boy". In fact, Follow Me Boy may have Jezebel root in it. The basic idea is that it attracts money. It used to be something prostitutes would carry to attract paying customers.

I'm not familiar with Pau D'Arco, but now I'm going to look it up!

edited: Ok, medicinally, Pau D'arco seems to have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties and is sometimes made into a tea to use as a pain reliever. I'm not seeing much about magickal use.

Last edited:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
If memory serves, Jezebel root is similar to the old voodoo oil "Follow Me Boy". In fact, Follow Me Boy may have Jezebel root in it. The basic idea is that it attracts money. It used to be something prostitutes would carry to attract paying customers.

I'm not familiar with Pau D'Arco, but now I'm going to look it up!

edited: Ok, medicinally, Pau D'arco seems to have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties and is sometimes made into a tea to use as a pain reliever. I'm not seeing much about magickal use.
Thanks for the info about the Jezebel root. I couldn't find it anywhere!

I knew about Pau D'Arco's medicinal affects because I recently had a bought with a UTI and I'm too stubborn to "give in" to modern medicine. I did a little reading and came across the glorious Pau D'Arco, which was truly a lifesaver! Mix it with some echinacea, sarsaparilla root, dandelion, and uva ursi and the UTI will be begging for mercy. But, like you, I can't find any spiritual correspondences or magickal uses either. I have the feeling it may give off some protection, but that's just my gut, I have nothing backing me up to confirm it. If I need protection, I'll stick with dragon's blood until I get the chance to read up on pau d'arco more...

Thanks Carole :)