Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Hey folks:

How do you format sample chapters of a Bible study that is intended for the finished book to have "white space" for writing answers? If you double space the text, the white space kind of gets lost. Plus, the experts say you shouldn't leave white space, not even extra lines between paragraphs, in sample chapters that go to an editor or agent; just double space everything.

I suppose the use of white space (or not) is ultimately up to the editor, so maybe simple double spacing applies. Or maybe some kind of symbol [such as * * * ] inserted into the text where white space should occur.

Thing is, last week I turned in my Bible study proposal with sample chapters to an editor, and I formatted the chapters the way I think they will appear in the finished work. Not much I can do about it now but hope the lack of double spacing won't kill it before it's read.

Just wondering,
NDG

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Late again with the help...;) When I did mine, I asked around, and then did the double-space format; I simply left white space for the answer areas. (Short answers like fill-in the blank, I'd make a small underline for. But I didn't do rows and rows of underlining.) Mine was looked at by several editors and they had no problem with the formatting. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.