Pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveaguy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.davidwaynedotcomedy.blogspot.com
This thread has nothing to do with pickles. I'm just curious to see how many people open and read this thread based strictly on the title.

Don't get me wrong. I like pickles. I just don't want to write about them at this moment.

I'm too tired. I worked ten long hours today.

In a pickle factory.

The dill section. Which happens to be next to the relish factory. Now there's a really flamboyant group of people. So...tangy.

Now, you're wondering if I do indeed work in a pickle factory. The answer is no. I work in construction, building houses.

And occasional pickle factories.

Thanks for reading this particularly weird post.

BTW, if you don't think the title "pickles" belongs in the humor genre, then you're not saying the word pickle appropriately. Its a very funny word. Say it out loud about ten times. It'll make you giggle.

dave

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I read the post for a couple of reasons: (1) I'm just plain nosey and (2) my grandmother's maiden name was Pickle (for real) so of course I had to check the thread out.

Nita

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh, I told you my GRANDMOTHER'S maiden name. They didn't give kids cool names, they gave 'em family names or some such. Some of the ones I remember: Jacob (ggrandfather), B Walton and D Walter (or the other way around, twin sons), Quinton, Scott, Theodore, Jack, I can't remember any of the girls, I'd have to check my geneology stuff. Oh, my grandmother's name was Bessie. See, nothing imaginative.

Oh yeah, at one time one of the cousins received a regular newsletter called, The Pickle Barrel.

The funniest thing I remember is reading an account about one of mom's uncles in the local paper. The family has a reputation for, um, drinking. Anyway, the headline on the article was "Pickle in a Pickle", it went on to tell of the trouble he ran into because of drinking. I've been looking for a copy of the article, I think it would be neat to add to my geneology stuff. But then I'm weird.

Nita

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
You know...

Not that I write humor -- or even try to, really -- but I had to open this thread just because of the title. I was like, "Pickles??" So I clicked.

I got caught in the trap that is pickles. :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I clicked in because I love pickles. It's an unhealthy obsession, I know. But they're so yummy. Dill ones. Not sweet. Just dill pickles. Mmmmmm..... I want a pickle. I'm going to go eat one now. Thanks for the inspiration Dave!

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
daveaguy said:
Well thanks for stopping in, however you got here. In case you didn't notice, even though this thread wasn't at all about pickles, every post has the word pickle in it. <---Even this one.

lol. Very true. :)

Saritams said:
I clicked in because I love pickles. It's an unhealthy obsession, I know. But they're so yummy. Dill ones. Not sweet. Just dill pickles.

Personally, I prefer sweet pickles. But I haven't had any in a very long time. Why?

Ever see how much sugar is in sweet pickles? Yikes!! :eek:

Oh. Speaking of unhealthy... I heard not too long ago that if a 6-year-old or younger eats two of those pickles that you can get at the concession stands at ballgames and such -- ya know, the big ones -- and they go to the hospital for whatever reason, they would be admitted based on poisoning just from those two pickles.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I clicked because I see the word pickle and I think of my son. AND he is the epitome of humor. He eats a family jar of pickles a week. We start every grocery list with one word: PICKLES. Always dill. And by the way, if working in a pickle factory isn't exactly the same as building houses...I don't know what is. They are mirror images of each other.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Can't pass a pickle

The best are dill made without vinegar. Gotta get em in the refrigerator section. Buppies. Mmmm.

The only thing wrong with pickles is they don't go with coffee.

-paprika

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pickle is a funny word. These posts weren't, but hey, it was worth a few seconds of my life to check. Thanks, Dave!

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Not only do I like pickles, all kinds of pickles, I like other things that are pickled. Pickled eggs, pickled okra, pickled beets, pickled green tomatoes;pickled artichoke hearts, oh, that did it, now my mouth is watering!

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
WURD, okra? Dang ya'll are killing me! And I'm beginning to imagine an okra and pickle dinner..LOL..That might not be a good thing.

stace001

Look into my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Pickles..?

With a title like Pickles, who wouldn't stop in to see what the hell was going on? Dave, you crack me up. I really laughed out loud. I guess if you can make someone laugh about pickles, you're qualified to write humor. congratulations.;)

and Reph, that was a good one....Nickels....hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.