Poll: Do you click links in signatures?

Do you click signature links?

• Total voters

Jenifer

Now with extra neurotic filling.
Registered
Reaction score
Yep! Cleeking feenger not being only for cleeking.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I never do. Most siggies I don't even tune in on if there's a lot of stuff in them because my mind automatically rejects visual clutter, so I don't really perceive the links. If there's one interesting quote or two I will read those, but that's about it. Besides, if I followed all the links I'd spend even more computer time away from the stuff I should be doing than I already am.

Max's siggie just above this post is a perfect example of the type that I will pay attention to and don't feel visually aggravated by.

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to more than I do now. Downgraded to dial up and it's so FREAKin' Slow. :p

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
So far, the majority have implied that they'll click on something that catches their eye.

Logically, then, my links need to be in size 54 font, in flashing epilepsy-inducing neon shades of rainbow, with a script that makes a half-naked woman / man (based on the spyware I have installed on your computer, shamelessly mining data for me) appear and dance over it.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
So far, the majority have implied that they'll click on something that catches their eye.

Logically, then, my links need to be in size 54 font, in flashing epilepsy-inducing neon shades of rainbow, with a script that makes a half-naked woman / man (based on the spyware I have installed on your computer, shamelessly mining data for me) appear and dance over it.
Catches my eye, not yanks it out of my head and mashes it into a pulp with a sledgehammer.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I also have excellent links. The first being to a humourous fantasy story, written by one of the best writers I have ever been.

:)

Point taken, and I WILL make the time to look, it's true I've not gotten round to that.

:)

Jimmy, was that intentional or is it a typo? - "written by one of the best writers I have ever been." Intentional or not I love it. Keep it, use it.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, help me out here - when I click on the link I get a page asking me to set up a wordpress site/account/something, and it tells me that DestinyDeceived doesn't exist. :eek:

What should I do next?

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okay, help me out here - when I click on the link I get a page asking me to set up a wordpress site/account/something, and it tells me that DestinyDeceived doesn't exist. :eek:

What should I do next?
Dodgy link in my sig. Maybe *that's* why no-one's clicked on it.

That's what I'm going to keep telling myself anyway.
Should be ok now.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Dodgy link in my sig. Maybe *that's* why no-one's clicked on it.

It works perfectly now. I'm totally enjoying the story, will return to finish reading a little later. Good job!

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It works perfectly now. I'm totally enjoying the story, will return to finish reading a little later. Good job!
Thanks.

You know, I think this has to be my most successful thread derail ever. From signatures to praise of me in only 17 posts. :D

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

You know, I think this has to be my most successful thread derail ever. From signatures to praise of me in only 17 posts. :D

The rest of us are badmouthing you in the elite "super poster" forum. Trust me.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've clicked a signature link maybe a dozen times since I arrived at AW. The more links, quotes, pleas, and graphics in the signature, the more blind I am to it. Sometimes I disable signatures or put certain users on ignore because their bloated, image-heavy, self-congratulatory signatures irk me beyond reason.

I'll read a two-line quote, but that's about it.

Maryn, sourpuss

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah. What do you care what a grump thinks?

Maryn, admitting she's blind to (but not irked by) Jimmy's

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Sometimes, but I skim past the signatures that contain more words than those in the entire thread. The ones that really irritate me are the ones with a gigantic graphic of the person's screen name or some other crazy thing.

allen