PDA

View Full Version : Co-author wanted: Historical fiction/romance

madrigalblue
07-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi there,

I'm looking for a writing partner interested in the historical fiction/romance genres. I am very experienced at a specific type of collaborative creative writing that evolved from my love of online text-based role play in which writers assume characters and respond to each other in a detailed format and in their own style. Together, with some organization, this would make a novel.

I have met a few excellent detailed role players, but none interested in taking this seriously and using this format to create and publish a structured novel.

I'm looking to be half of a dream team. What do I mean by historical fiction/romance written in role play style? How does role playing tie into this? Think "The Tudors," where one author might write the part of Henry, and another would write as Anne. The moods, feelings, actions, and speech of the characters become very visceral and unique to each character. Also, writing in this fashion allows for writers to act and react in character to things they might not have predicted. I am not looking for casual role play--I want a long term partnership.

I want to write and publish a novel with the right person! I am looking for someone to write out the 'male half' of the book. Nothing too kinky, some erotica involved but heavy on PLOT and ROMANCE. Gender of author does not matter, but you should be 18+ and serious about writing.

I have published articles, short fiction, and poetry in the past. I have 5 years of experience working in the publishing industry and various connections. I am really successful and attached to this style, but I need the other half!

We can give it a try and I can show you some samples.

Please respond if interested. Thanks!
Tara

kdnxdr
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Hello Tara,

Your post seems sincere as best I can tell. It's an interesting concept and seems pretty experimental to me, especially for me.

I would like to try it a bit and see what you/I think of the results. Since you mention that this is a legit process at co-writing a novel, what type of business arrangments would be made?

If your interested to check out some of my writing samples, the bulk of my work is posted on AW. I do have a beginning first novel in process that I need to liberate from my crashed computer. I also have a first short story that has critiqued well regarding a true account of an encounter with a UFO. I don't think either of those two are posted in AW. Other than that, I have some memoirs and poetry posted. I did a piece on character development, also.

Let me know if you're interested to try with a novice.

kid

lmclean
07-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Tara -
I know exactly what you are talking about. I was a member of AncientSites until its demise (and resurrection as AncientWorlds), as well as PanHistoria, where we do interactive writing as you describe. I find it interesting that I was a member of 'Tara' in the Celtic World, and your name is Tara. <s>

Anyway, it sounds fascinating. I was wondering what you have done already and ideas are. You can PM me and we can check this out.

Good luck!
Lee