Lady of the Flies

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
True story. This happened just yesterday. :D

I waged war. My kitchen was swarming with flies; how, exactly, they came to overpopulate our gathering place, I'll never be sure.

But I unearthed my slightly out-of-use fly swatter and showed them who was boss. Several were taken out within seconds and, from what I could tell, there was only one remaining.

He darted to and fro.

"It's just you and me, bug. You wanna show me what you've got?" I said, hands on hips.

He landed on the back of my arm, staring up at me. And I could swear he stuck his little tongue out.

"Oh, it's on."

But I waited. I wasn't gonna smack my arm with the waffle-weave swatter, nuh-uh.

Daring to mock me further, he lifted off my tricep, spun a circle and came to rest on my... butt. My left butt cheek, to be precise. And since I'm right-handed, I knew he'd made the right move.

I calculated the movement and thought stealthy thoughts before my arm crossed my body in one fluid motion.

SMACK!

He fell to the floor.

"That'll show you, bug. That'll show you."

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
You are not truly a woman until you have kicked a fly's ass.. I coronate you, "Janna, killer of Fly's, writer of stories, Woman of the ages....

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
lol!
fly.gif
Are you sure you got them all?
fly.gif
They could be refueling and reorganizing the squadron for a second aerial assault.
fly.gif

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
There are many, many more. Seriously, I didn't think my daughters left the kitchen door gaping open THAT often. I've caught TWO fly couples... erm... mating. *sigh* So I suspect the end is not nigh.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've only seen one fly ... erm ... mating and ... hey, congratulations on the kill, janna.

We have dogs and dogs do do-do. Flies love it. When we leave the doors open on cool days, we get flies. I got tired of cleaning up their guts after the kill, so now, I break out the old cannister vacuum and wait for them to land. If you approach slowly enough, you can suck them up ... even watch as they fight to resist the suction. Makes me happy. Almost as enjoyable as killing wasps. Keep up the good fight.

(make the world a better place ... don't forget to double space.)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Housefly: the punk of the insects.

Get 'em Janna!

fly_glasses.jpg

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you, Janna. Way2go! We've been havin' a prob. w. gnats. They're dive-bombing me, not Mr. Susie. I think I'm gonna take a more pro-get 'em stand and maybe they'll be pro-gone. :) Thx much, Janna. Glad your problem is solved.

Chameleon

I less than 3 you!
Registered
Reaction score
if i tell you, will you promise to stalk me?
Go Janna!

Fruit flies are the worst. They are way too small to catch. And they are persistent little fuckers too (pardon my french). We have this particular one stalking my dwelling. I don't know where it came from but I hope he/she does not reproduce.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
There was a fly epidemic in my house a few years back. At least three dozen. I used fly papers. It was quite a sight after a week or so. Kind of like an exotic dessert from some god-forsaken country. Flysicle, anyone?

485465908_a8c611ce83.jpg

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
One building I used to work in was overrun by fruit flies. It got to the point where, if someone was muttering and cursing and swatting at the air around them, you thought nothing of it.

The only problem with flypaper is that it can catch stuff other than flies. Like nuthatches. Yes, we got the poor little guy out of the flypaper, but it took forever for his feathers to grow back in enough to fly...

ETA: That's if you hang the flypaper outside. If I hung it inside, I'd be the one who'd get caught in it, not the flies.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I usually whack the little bastards...when they land on Kthrok. Kills them and hurts him too. BONUS!

Before I got my kitten, I would forgo the fly swatter in favor of the bug spray when the room was overrun with the little pricks. I have no patience when it comes to killing them off one by one.