the incredibly challenged second floor bathroom

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
We're having TP issues at work.
It seems someone ordered toilet paper the thickness of copy paper. So a week and a half ago it all started: everyone jammed up the toilets. They closed down the 2nd floor bathroom, men's and women's, and told us to use the building's other bathrooms.

OK. They got it all fixed. Three days later it happens again. OK people. Work with us here, cause in my view you're creating an unsanitary situation. At least TRY to separate the plies of paper and flush them separately or throw one of the plies out. BUT NO. The incredibly challenged people stopped everything up again. AND WHILE IT'S STOPPED UP THEY'RE STILL USING THe TOILET, while there were other toilets functioning perfectly on the first and third floor. Is it me? Seriously.

And then it happened again. And again.

And now today, the whole building is screwed up. I think there's one toilet in use, and the first floor was completely flooded an hour ago from an overflowing toilet.

But what's even more challenged than the people working here is the building owner, who's now had to fix the damn toilets, what, 4 times and hasn't yet replaced the toilet paper!!

Sheesh!

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! That sucks Mela! A similar thing happened at my office some time ago with a couple of the toilets, which prompted the company President to fire off an email that opened with "What's wrong with you people?"

Best. Memo. Ever. :)

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, NeuroFizz, it's hard to print on Charmin

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. They are using too much TP? Or they don't like the texture and protesting by jamming the toilets? Either way, get it together people! Sorry.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. They are using too much TP? Or they don't like the texture and protesting by jamming the toilets? Either way, get it together people! Sorry.
Nothing stirs up more trouble than a raw, scratchy, butt on a hot summer day.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! That sucks Mela! A similar thing happened at my office some time ago with a couple of the toilets, which prompted the company President to fire off an email that opened with "What's wrong with you people?"

Best. Memo. Ever. :)

:roll:

That's even better than the one that started "After careful review, we have decided to keep Iron Maiden as our preferred data storage provider..." (Try Iron Mountain...)

If anyone at work complains that I only ordered one-ply toilet paper last week, I'll point them to this thread....

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I think your office should just accept a non-toilet paper lifestyle, as is often found in places such as India. Eat with your right hand and well, never do anything but one thing with your left :)

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know that they're protesting but from my point of view, they're of a mindset that says, well, it's not our problem that management is stupid, buying cheap TP, so there's nothing we can do about it. Why should we go to the trouble of separating the plies? We never had to do that before ... we've got too many other things to think about ...

Or some such thing.

BTW: I call this the incredibly challenged second floor bathroom not for this incident alone. There's a large number of women using this bathroom, so things are often awry: sheets of TP on the floor of the stalls, the toilets unusable because a handle breaks off, etc. Water all over the sink and floor; soap dispensers broken. We've had numerous problems.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Let us know when you've had someone take a dump in the middle of the floor.

Cuz it happens with surprising frequency, and it's as clear a sign of disgruntled employees that you'll get this side of gunfire.

ottorino

Registered
Reaction score
Obviously you need cameras set up in the stalls to identify the offending pooper.

creamofmushroom

>_<
Registered
Reaction score
then using camera footage you can later blackmail the person
just joking!

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
When I was the receptionist at a different company, at least a couple of times a week some guy would come up to the desk and say, "Have you been in the mens' room lately? It's filthy!"

Nope, sorry, can't say that I have....

BTW, I went back to interview for another company at the same site last spring, and they had badgelocked the lobby restrooms. You needed either a key or employee badge to get in...

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
yes, the first-floor restrooms are generally locked here too - we're on a busy street, lord knows who could come in.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Probably not.

***UPDATE***

July 16, 2008
They changed the toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisis over

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why, maybe the reference to memos:

At an assembly at Antioch College, the Pres. said, "The Dean and I have decided we must stop necking on the front lawn."