Long Day?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I had a long day at the office yesterday, then I got this email from Hubby and figured out that I don't have it so bad. :D

This is a 39,000 lb armored vehicle. Hubby is 6'2", so you can see how gigantic this mean machine is.

MRAP-1.jpg

HoldingHerup.jpg

(Hubby is the sexy stud in the sunglasses leaning against the truck)

Now here, it does not look so tall because it has sunk into a deep mud pit. Hubby can actually touch the turret. My Hubby is in an isolated spot and it took 13 hours for any help to arrive. Then it took two hours to pull the beast out. Then they took it back to the FOB and had to use putty knives to clean out all the mud. They were done just in time for him to start guard. After that, he had one hour to rest and he was back out on another mission. He says he has had only a couple hours of sleep in the last three days and they all just seem like one long day to him. Poor guy. It was about 119 degrees F that day. I guess working a few extra hours in my air conditioned office isn't so bad after all.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
SG, why does it say 'Classified Document' in the corner of that picture?

Richard

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
SG, why does it say 'Classified Document' in the corner of that picture?

Richard
It does not.

Just so you know, I freaked out and searched for it thinking, uh-oh, I'm in trouble now. :D

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. That was just the date. My bad.

Richard

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
I had a pretty awful day yesterday as well. There was a jam in one of the printers, I ran out of peanuts, and somebody ate the last Twix bar.

I'm getting chills just thinking about it again. What a nightmare.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
RAN OUT OF PEANUTS.... ARGH

Richard

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My husband got locked in the bedroom.

No seriously. the doorknob broke and he couldn't get it open. I got home and had to remove the doorknob and it still didn't open. I had to pry the part the latches out of the frame with a flathead. Poor Mr. Groove. He was frustrated. But sounds better thant the day your hubby had.
:Hug2:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score

No seriously. the doorknob broke and he couldn't get it open. I got home and had to remove the doorknob and it still didn't open. I had to pry the part the latches out of the frame with a flathead. Poor Mr. Groove. He was frustrated. But sounds better thant the day your hubby had.
Well, locked in the bedroom alone would suck, now if you'd been in there with him then :e2brows:.

He said once they actually got the truck out, there was a six foot swimming hole there for the local kids to play in.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score

At least it gave him time to get the girl out the window. :D

Perle_Rare

Dragon rider
Registered
Reaction score
StoryGirl,

What are the other guys doing in that picture? Are they posing macho-style back there because they've seen the camera or is this their regular stance?

Inquiring minds want to know, you know... :D

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
storygirl,
You have every reason to be proud of your hubby! He's adorable (like you) and he's doing admirable work.
I've read many of your posts and I've no doubt that every chance he gets to dream, he dreams of getting home to you.
Hang in ther girly. :Hug2:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
storygirl,
You have every reason to be proud of your hubby! He's adorable (like you) and he's doing admirable work.
I've read many of your posts and I've no doubt that every chance he gets to dream, he dreams of getting home to you.
Ditto

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
StoryGirl,

What are the other guys doing in that picture? Are they posing macho-style back there because they've seen the camera or is this their regular stance?

The one to the side, he's the other one in sunglasses, I know him fairly well and I can safely guess that he is just thinking, "Oh shit, this sucks." The other guy with his hands on his hips, yeah, he's probably posing, then the kid you can hardly see is simply looking because he has not been told to pose, if and when he is told to pose he will. Poor kid, he's young and outranked and just wants to be like the big boys. Hubby keeps trying to tell him he is running with the big dogs now so he'd better get with it. He's a good kid though, Hubby likes 'em, even if he doesn't know what he's doing yet.

storygirl,
Ahhh, that is so sweet. Thank you.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
StoryGirl,

I think those men should be punished for looking so hott.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I think those men should be punished for looking so hott.
They couldn't help it, it was nearly 120 degrees. :tongue

If you like the kid, I've got the cutest picture of just him and hubby leaning against the truck, just chillin'. Maybe I'll try to post it later, if you're good. :D
SG, you're hubby is hot. :D

That really sucks about his day. Thankfully everyone is ok.
Thanks, I think so, but I'm biased. :D

Yeah, it sucks, but when he tells it, you laugh. He just is very easy going and finds the humor in almost everything he can. His detailed account of this had me in tears because I was laughing so hard, even though I know in all actuality, it probably isn't a normally funny situation.

Perle_Rare

Dragon rider
Registered
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's bad 72-hour day and here's what I wish for you: a 72-hour night where you and your hubby are together. Alone. :D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's bad 72-hour day and here's what I wish for you: a 72-hour night where you and your hubby are together. Alone. :D
Oh, now that would be heaven!