Shows you couldn't wait to see canceled

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Cavemen. I didn't even have to watch it; the very concept made me want to scream, "just cancel it and save yourself the trouble!"
My kids liked that one, and we watched a few episodes, but yeah, I can see your point. The commercials are funny. The website is funny. Trying to sustain a series... hmm. Not funny.

There was anther show that had debuted after Cavemen, something about commuters riding to work. THAT one I couldn't wait to see canceled, too. Thankfully, it's name escapes me.

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
Seventh Heaven? That's probably still on isn't it? (oh wait, I just rearead original post and I never actually watched that show, it's just that my grandma would call me and tell me about it, which was...excrutiating)

They finally canceled it! That was exactly the one I was going to mention, too. Sometimes I would watch it just to torture myself. The dialogue was soooo horribly painful.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Homeboys in Outer Space.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Cavemen. I didn't even have to watch it; the very concept made me want to scream, "just cancel it and save yourself the trouble!"

I thought that, but then I was like, remember when they made the TV show about the fake CGI head from the Coke commercial, who said, "C-c-catch the wave!" and it was, like, awesome??? But it seems that was the only commercial to successfully make a crossover to a TV show.

And Twin Peaks ruled, by the way!!!

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
This would be shows that you watched once or twice and thought, "What the hell is this?" and couldn't wait until they canceled the series.

Arrested Development

Arrested Development? Shut yo mouth! That was a great show.

I agree with the others on your list. And I'll add the Rachel Ray show. Yum-O!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I see.

But Max Headroom was based on a BBC sci-fi series or miniseries or something that was popular long before the Coke commercials.

Thus my confusion.

The character came first. He was a talk show host. There was a one-hour British television movie to written around the character to explain his origin. The pilot for the US TV show was based on the movie.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
This would be shows that you watched once or twice and thought, "What the hell is this?" and couldn't wait until they canceled the series.

That 80's Show

The show that I can't until it gets cancelled THE NEW 90210....C'MON....what are they thinking?!?!?!?!!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Big Brother

Not cancelled yet, except in Australia, but the sooner that noxious garbage is gone, the better.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Full House.

Big Brother.

A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila (or just about every such reality TV show -- but this one is the worst).

Hmm.... I guess I just don't want that much TV to begin with.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Big Brother, now in Season what? 85 or something?

The View, the same.

Roseanne

CSI Miami omg, the scripts, if you really listen to the lines, just awful.