Mac Safari users--can you give rep points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
I'm using Safari 1.2.4, and I'm having problems giving rep points. With Java, JavaScript, and plug-ins ENabled, and pop-up blocking DISabled, I get the rep comment window to pop up. When I try to leave a comment, though, it says I'm not logged in, although I am. Trying to log in from the rep window leads to a "not a valid link" response.

ChunkyC is looking into this as well (bless that fuzzy heart), and suggested I post here and ask if anyone using Safari is able to give rep points. If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks for your help.

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
I'm using the same and have no problems. Did you try updating osX and all the software updates? Having the most current safari may not be the only upgrade you need.You may need to update your security update and os ones as well..

Deleted member 42

Aconite

It's not Safari, it's a local issue. I suspect it's related to a cookie.

Log out of AW (Log Out link on top of the AW window, far right)
Empty your Safari cache (Safari -->Empty Cache).

If that doesn't work, it might be worth deleting the AW cookie via Safari's Preferences-->Security-->Show cookies, and finding and deleting the AW cookie.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might have something there, Lisa. On the vBulletin site, all discussion of this kind of issue covers the ground you folks have covered here: browser updates, Javascript & popup blocking issues, etc.

As I mentioned to Aconite in our PM's, it seems as though the rep popup isn't being passed her credentials, so it believes she's not logged in. A corrupted cookie file could well be the culprit. *crosses fingers and waits to see what happens next*

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
It's not Safari, it's a local issue. I suspect it's related to a cookie.

YES! That did it. Thank you all very much. I appreciate your help.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, Aconite! And thanks for your input, folks. I'll keep this thread in mind if someone else approaches me with a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.