PDA

View Full Version : I'm an auntie!!!

Carole
07-15-2008, 03:01 PM
My sister called me at work yesterday at 4:00 p.m. to say that our sister-in-law was at the hospital and that she was having a c-section at 5:00 p.m.

At 6:30 p.m. I got another call telling me that I have a shiny, brand new little niece. Even though she was 3 weeks early, she weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 18 1/2" long with a head full of dark hair. So far, her name is either baby-cakes, ruffle butt or possibly bunny butt. That's because they haven't announced her real name yet. :D

Yay babies!!!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Personally, I like Ruffle Butt. :D Congrats, Aunt Carole!

JJ Cooper
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Congrats to you and your extended family. That's a decent size bub too for being early. Hope all is well for bub and Mum.

JJ

Carole
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Early on, they received test results that showed she could possibly have Down Syndrome. They didn't have the amnio to confirm it so we've been waiting and hoping she would be ok. So far, the doctors say that she appears to be perfectly healthy in every way!

My brother, Louis, told me late last night that he was finally able to feed his little daughter and burp her and that she grabbed his finger with one of her tiny hands. Needless to say, he's over the moon. Heck - we're all over the moon!

Oh - something else neato is that she was born on my older son's birthday! How cool is that?

JJ Cooper
07-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Very cool. You had me smiling reading your post, Carole. I missed the birth of my first boy. Didn't know what I missed until I was there for the second. Great news.

JJ

Carole
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I had plans to drive mom and my sister down August 1 for her birth - it was a scheduled c-section, but it looks like ruffle-butt had other plans! Now we don't know if we can wait that long. I'm DYING for pictures!!!

Mandy-Jane
07-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Congratulations Auntie! Give a kiss to ruffle butt for me! I love babies!

Carole
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Will do! :)

Mumut
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
This is such good news. Best wishes from me to everyone. The start of new life is a little bit of magic - you don't need fantasy for that. I hope everything goes well for them all.

joyce
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
:snoopy:Congratulations on the new baby. I'm glad all went well and she is healthy. Babies are the greatest!

Cranky
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
RE: I'm an auntie!

Me, too! My SIL had a baby yesterday too, also a little girl. She's got a name, though. :D Eva Sharlett.

Congrats, Auntie, and to your sis-in-law on the healthy baby girl!

Robin
07-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Congratulations to your family, Carole! Glad every one is healthy. What a birthday present for your son!

:Sun:

Congrats to your family, too, Cranky!

Southern_girl29
07-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Congratulations. Being an auntie is so much fun. I have three nephews who keep me on my toes.

Susie
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
That's super duper and congrats, Auntie and to the whole family. That's exciting. I kinda like shiny bunny butt myself. :)

AndreaGS
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats! I'm so jealous - I don't think my brother or sister are ever going to get married.

Carole
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Shiny bunny butt - that's cute. :)

Alice.S
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Congratulations!! Thats wonderful!

SpookyWriter
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
My sister called me at work yesterday at 4:00 p.m. to say that our sister-in-law was at the hospital and that she was having a c-section at 5:00 p.m.

At 6:30 p.m. I got another call telling me that I have a shiny, brand new little niece. Even though she was 3 weeks early, she weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 18 1/2" long with a head full of dark hair. So far, her name is either baby-cakes, ruffle butt or possibly bunny butt. That's because they haven't announced her real name yet. :D

Yay babies!!!Congrats! That's another thing I'll never get to experience. Thank you.

Carole
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Congrats! I'm so jealous - I don't think my brother or sister are ever going to get married.
My brother has been married 4, count them, 4 times! But this time he found a keeper. He's 42 and bunny butt is his first child. We all thought he'd never find the right girl and definitely never have kids so we're all thrilled. Add to that the fact that my younger son who is turning 19 was the youngest grandchild for my parents and you can imagine the excitement going on right now!

Chameleon
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM

Yay babies!!!

Congratulations!!! Newborns are soooooo cute!

I like Ruffle Butt.

Carole
07-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Ooookay. Now I know why they haven't announced her name yet. My brother just called and here is his dilemma:

Him: Babe, we really need to think of a name.

Her: I want her middle name to be Rose after my grandmother.

Him: I like that. What about her first name?

Her: I've been thinking about the name Iralyn.

Him: Ireland...hmmm...I really like that!

Her: No, babe - Iralyn. I-R-A-L-Y-N

Him: ............oh

So they are still undecided. Well, he is undecided. She is waiting for him to say that he loves Iralyn. Ain't gonna happen. He asked my sister's opinion and she said that everyone will always misspell it and think it's Ireland. He asked me and I said that everyone will always misspell it and think it's Ireland. And I'm not really fond of made-up names.

Then my brother started singing the Johnny Cash song Drunken Ira Hayes and it all went downhill from there.

StoryG27
07-16-2008, 01:17 AM
It doesn't matter the name now, she'll probably always be bunny butt to you. :D Congrats!!!

PattiTheWicked
07-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the world, Ruffle Butt and Eva Sharlett!!

Carole
07-16-2008, 01:28 AM
RE: I'm an auntie!

Me, too! My SIL had a baby yesterday too, also a little girl. She's got a name, though. :D Eva Sharlett.

Congrats, Auntie, and to your sis-in-law on the healthy baby girl!

You know, when I read your post the first time I missed the "yesterday" part. Bunny butt and Eva Sharlett share their birthday! How neato is that?

By the way, I came up with Bunny Butt when I bought a pink diaper cover with a bunny face and ears on the butt. It's weapons-grade cute!