PDA

View Full Version : Dinner party

kborsden
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
If you could invite any six people - regardless whether dead or alive, real or fictional - to a dinner party, who would you choose? and why?

My selection would be:

1)Edgar Allen Poe - purely because he is one of my own personal icons and having delved into his life and sources of inspiration, he intrigues and facinates me - leading me to believe that he might be quite interesting...

2)Ghandi - again, probably has a lot to say for himself, both inspirational and spiritual

3)Adolf Hitler - I know he'd be contraversial, and probably quite uptight -like he hadn't had a shit in 12 years, but wouldn't it be great to hear what he had to say for himself? great contrast to Ghandi too...

4)Tommy Cooper - brilliant comedian, excelent for left-wing non-jibing comedy...with a little magic, plus he's Welsh - and get this - had a master's degree in English and sociology!!

5)George Baker - I know, sad, sad, sad - but he'd be great for a sing song when the alcohol starts to flow

6)Socrates - King of the Bullshiters, 'nuff said

How about you guys?

alleycat
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Leaving out religious figures . . .

Marcus Aurelius

Thomas Jefferson

Leonardo da Vinci

Winston Churchill

Mark Twain

Orson Welles

It should be an interesting evening.

Priene
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
3)Adolf Hitler - wouldn't it be great to hear what he had to say for himself?

No

Clair Dickson
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd skip the dinner party and ask them to email me... I hate social functions and I'm dreadful at small talk.

Mumut
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd go for:
Confucius - to find out what he actually did say.
Shakespeare - to find out what he actually did write.
BŠetŠn mac Cairill - to find out what he did conquer.
A crew member from the Mary Celeste - to find out why they jumped ship.
Grace Murray Hopper - to find out what it is like to meet a real genius.
JC - to solve the biggest mystery in the world.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Poe, Shakespeare, Cleopatra, Henry VIII, Daniel Robbins (taken prisoner at the Battle of Worcester, 1651; deported to the Colonies - he was my several-times-great grandfather), and Mary Barnes (last woman hanged as a witch in Connecticut in 1662; my 11th great-grandmother).

Tink
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
1. My Dad- He's been gone since I was 15...
2. My brother- He's been gone since 2003...
3. Elvis Presley- What?
4. Ronnie Van Zant- He's was a great songwriter/singer performer and was conscious of so many issues such as pollution and gun control back when not many people gave those issues much thought...
5. O'Bama... and
6. McCain.