The Irrational Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
These are my irrational, paranoid thoughts for today. Not one agent has yet responded to my query. Therefore:

I no longer exist.

I do not deserve to be published and am being punished for having ambitions beyond my abilities.

They hate me.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
I want to jump out of a plane and land in an ocean filled with Lime green jello.

If you substitute a gerbil for a golf ball, would you lose the lottery before the sunrise rainbow flooded the garage?

Want some skittles, I just came from the hospital and their safe now.

It's not nice to kick a elderly lady in the goonads without first using your turn signal.

Medication is linear and underrated bullocks tomfoolery

Let's make wild monkey love before PETA shuts us down.

What confused do you mean? Exactly!!!

Mel...

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Mel, you have a great imagination. I was reading that while scratching my head and laughing out loud!

Caro - we all have those same thoughts from time to time but keep pushing through!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll never get another rejection letter, only fervid acceptances.

Yikes, that's really irrational! ;)

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
I will get two agents duking it out over me, to where fisticuffs will ensue.

Irrational, but a good dream, nonetheless. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I often think no one will ever, ever find my writing worth reading, much less an agent. Oh wait - that's a rational thought.

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
I haven't had time to edit or write more than a page or so a day because of my job. Therefore, I will lose the connections waiting for me if I don't have something to submit to them RIGHT NOW, even though they've read my stuff before and know a better novel is in the works, and because I will lose those connections, I will never, ever get anything published or represented. Because there are other authors who have gotten published before graduating college, it won't happen to me because getting published young is now "old news" and no one will care, not even if my book is good.

This isn't sarcasm. This is often what I think ;_;

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
I will get two agents duking it out over me, to where fisticuffs will ensue.

Irrational, but a good dream, nonetheless. :)

I have similar thoughts, except it is Shakira, Beyonce', and Mariah Carey in a three way battle royal over who gets to give me a sponge bath.

Of course I break it up and say, "Don't worry ladies, there's enough of me to go around"

*Cue music*

Baw-Chigga-Wah-Wah.... :banana:

:)

Last edited:

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
Therefore, I will lose the connections waiting for me if I don't have something to submit to them RIGHT NOW, even though they've read my stuff before and know a better novel is in the works, and because I will lose those connections, I will never, ever get anything published or represented.

I often think like this, too. Rationally, I know there's no time limit (it's not like an agent said, "I'd like to have your novel by mid-August, otherwise I'll have to turn it down"), but in my less-sane moments I'm convinced that if I don't get the novel out there before summer's over, none of the connections I've made are going to care about me anymore. I need to remember that none of them are sitting around waiting for my novel. They've got plenty else to do.

My other irrational thought: every time I see a new sale in my genre (contemporary YA) posted on Publishers Marketplace, I start getting panicky that other authors are taking my "spot," and that there isn't going to be any room on the editors' lists for me when I start subbing.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Someday I will be able to walk down stairs with the glorious grace of Cate Blanchett's Galadriel as she descends to the grotto of the Mirror, or describe that kind of grace in writing.

Man, I have to stop, I'm getting psychotic here. ;P

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
One day, an agent will actually read my manuscript before rejecting it -- and then tell me why he rejected it.

I know, I know, it strains the limits of belief. But I do write fantasy, after all.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
One day, my teen-age son will pick up his dirty socks BEFORE I ask him to.

And my 9-year-old will use his NAPKIN instead of his shirt.

See, I can be delusional, too.

(I think I like mel's world better.)

VGrossack

bored fan with a tic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tapestryofbronze.com
Ah, your irrational thoughts could use more highs and lows

But let's go with the highs -

(1) Brangelina agents call to beg for parts in the upcoming series of movies based on our books

(2) We - probably the first writing pair - win the Nobel prize for literature

(3) High schools around the world force their students to read one of our novels, in perpetuity

(4) RH offers us a three-book contract

...I was going to do the lows, too, but they're not as much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.