Miss USA FALLS DOWN

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That looked like it hurt. Good for her, for keeping her composure. Those stupid floors look hard to walk on in regular shoes, let alone heels which never have enough traction.

Gah, I feel for her.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Doesn't appear to be terribly funny to me. *shrug* But then again, I never thought that someone embarassing themselves on the biggest day of their lives--something that they've worked for for years--and losing their chance at their dream was funny. Perhaps I'm just strange.

Or perhaps I'm just not into belittling people while making false claims about my ability to judge the circumstances. I'm odd that way.

Carry on.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be terribly funny to me. *shrug* But then again, I never thought that someone embarassing themselves on the biggest day of their lives--something that they've worked for for years--and losing their chance at their dream was funny. Perhaps I'm just strange.

Or perhaps I'm just not into belittling people while making false claims about my ability to judge the circumstances. I'm odd that way.

Carry on.

I, on the other hand, think it's downright hilarious. The one symbol we all look to for poise, control, and elegance, and she falls flat on her ass.

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
If that were your daughter, it wouldn’t be so funny.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I'm one of those people, so long as the person wasn't seriously hurt, I tend to laugh at things like that. Combined with the situation, the demonstration of poise and grace and then boom, not only falling but a nice one on her bum, definitely chuckle worthy.

Not sure I find it quite has roll on the floor hilarious as you do James, however. But that's neither here nor there, humour is very subjective. I also think I'm able to laugh at it because the girl handled the fall so well. If it had really upset her, or as I already said, she had been genuinely hurt, I probably wouldn't find it as amusing. She handled it really well. Good for her!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those people, so long as the person wasn't seriously hurt, I tend to laugh at things like that. Combined with the situation, the demonstration of poise and grace and then boom, not only falling but a nice one on her bum, definitely chuckle worthy.

Not sure I find it quite has roll on the floor hilarious as you do James, however. But that's neither here nor there, humour is very subjective. I also think I'm able to laugh at it because the girl handled the fall so well. If it had really upset her, or as I already said, she had been genuinely hurt, I probably wouldn't find it as amusing. She handled it really well. Good for her!

To be fair, I am not laughing at HER.

I am laughing at the irony. The irony of this situation is so delicious and thick that you could slice it up real nice with a spork.

Our one symbol of poise, charisma, and control...our one symbol of the perfection that we all strive to be...and it comes crashing down to the floor. I applaud you Miss USA...I applaud you for busting your ass to show us that nobody is perfect and our strenous reaches for perfection are ridiculous and sad.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
JAMES81 - At one time people used to refer to me as "Savannah the Stripper".

What do you think, gang? does this call for pictures?

This poor girl. But you know who I feel sorry for? Next year's contestant. After all, this is what, two years in a row?
It's cursed, I tell you! Cursed.....

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
To be fair, I am not laughing at HER.

I am laughing at the irony. The irony of this situation is so delicious and thick that you could slice it up real nice with a spork.

Our one symbol of poise, charisma, and control...our one symbol of the perfection that we all strive to be...and it comes crashing down to the floor. I applaud you Miss USA...I applaud you for busting your ass to show us that nobody is perfect and our strenous reaches for perfection are ridiculous and sad.
This is the second time, Miss USA did the same thing last year.

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
This is why I don't walk in heels (besides the fact that I'm already tall). But she handled it like a pro, I think.
I got rid of my heels when some bitch stole my stage name...;)