PDA

View Full Version : Miss USA FALLS DOWN

James81
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/

She falls down. She falls down. She falls the fuck down.

:roll:

Discuss.

ChaosTitan
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Dude, have you ever tried to walk in high heels and a long dress?

Cranky
07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
That looked like it hurt. Good for her, for keeping her composure. Those stupid floors look hard to walk on in regular shoes, let alone heels which never have enough traction.

Gah, I feel for her.

James81
07-14-2008, 07:18 PM

Yes.

SPMiller
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes.What.

James81
07-14-2008, 07:30 PM
What.

I haven't always been a man. At one time people used to refer to me as "Savannah the Stripper".

Soccer Mom
07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Ouch! The poor thing. Those heels are sooo hard to walk in.

mscelina
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Doesn't appear to be terribly funny to me. *shrug* But then again, I never thought that someone embarassing themselves on the biggest day of their lives--something that they've worked for for years--and losing their chance at their dream was funny. Perhaps I'm just strange.

Or perhaps I'm just not into belittling people while making false claims about my ability to judge the circumstances. I'm odd that way.

Carry on.

James81
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Doesn't appear to be terribly funny to me. *shrug* But then again, I never thought that someone embarassing themselves on the biggest day of their lives--something that they've worked for for years--and losing their chance at their dream was funny. Perhaps I'm just strange.

Or perhaps I'm just not into belittling people while making false claims about my ability to judge the circumstances. I'm odd that way.

Carry on.

I, on the other hand, think it's downright hilarious. The one symbol we all look to for poise, control, and elegance, and she falls flat on her ass.

Robert Toy
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
If that were your daughter, it wouldn’t be so funny.

Pagey's_Girl
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM

Walking in a long dress and high heels is easy.

Walking while chewing gum, however....

Seriously, though, ouch...

James81
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
If that were your daughter, it wouldn’t be so funny.

But that's the beauty of it. I can laugh BECAUSE she is not my daughter.

WendyNYC
07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Eh, that was just a little slip, not a face-plant into the stage. This one was funnier. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiC7YP-FAmg)

James81
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Eh, that was just a little slip, not a face-plant into the stage. This one was funnier. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiC7YP-FAmg)

Proof that you CAN make things fall if you concentrate on them hard enough.

Toothpaste
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm one of those people, so long as the person wasn't seriously hurt, I tend to laugh at things like that. Combined with the situation, the demonstration of poise and grace and then boom, not only falling but a nice one on her bum, definitely chuckle worthy.

Not sure I find it quite has roll on the floor hilarious as you do James, however. But that's neither here nor there, humour is very subjective. I also think I'm able to laugh at it because the girl handled the fall so well. If it had really upset her, or as I already said, she had been genuinely hurt, I probably wouldn't find it as amusing. She handled it really well. Good for her!

Toothpaste
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM

See I think something like that could only help you in such a competition!

WendyNYC
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
See I think something like that could only help you in such a competition!

Seriously. If I looked like her, I'd skip the skirt altogether.

James81
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm one of those people, so long as the person wasn't seriously hurt, I tend to laugh at things like that. Combined with the situation, the demonstration of poise and grace and then boom, not only falling but a nice one on her bum, definitely chuckle worthy.

Not sure I find it quite has roll on the floor hilarious as you do James, however. But that's neither here nor there, humour is very subjective. I also think I'm able to laugh at it because the girl handled the fall so well. If it had really upset her, or as I already said, she had been genuinely hurt, I probably wouldn't find it as amusing. She handled it really well. Good for her!

To be fair, I am not laughing at HER.

I am laughing at the irony. The irony of this situation is so delicious and thick that you could slice it up real nice with a spork.

Our one symbol of poise, charisma, and control...our one symbol of the perfection that we all strive to be...and it comes crashing down to the floor. I applaud you Miss USA...I applaud you for busting your ass to show us that nobody is perfect and our strenous reaches for perfection are ridiculous and sad.

Williebee
07-14-2008, 08:21 PM
JAMES81 - At one time people used to refer to me as "Savannah the Stripper".

What do you think, gang? does this call for pictures?

This poor girl. But you know who I feel sorry for? Next year's contestant. After all, this is what, two years in a row?
It's cursed, I tell you! Cursed.....

brianm
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
The one symbol we all look to for poise, control, and elegance, and she falls flat on her ass.

Really? Not me.

I think she handled herself very well.

Robert Toy

I am laughing at the irony. The irony of this situation is so delicious and thick that you could slice it up real nice with a spork.

Our one symbol of poise, charisma, and control...our one symbol of the perfection that we all strive to be...and it comes crashing down to the floor. I applaud you Miss USA...I applaud you for busting your ass to show us that nobody is perfect and our strenous reaches for perfection are ridiculous and sad.
This is the second time, Miss USA did the same thing last year.

Chameleon
This is why I don't walk in heels (besides the fact that I'm already tall). But she handled it like a pro, I think.

benbradley
07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Chevy Chase fell down weekly (weakly, even?), and lots of people laughed.

Robert Toy
07-14-2008, 08:25 PM
This is why I don't walk in heels (besides the fact that I'm already tall). But she handled it like a pro, I think.
I got rid of my heels when some bitch stole my stage name...;)

Chameleon
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I got rid of my heels when some bitch stole my stage name...;)

:ROFL: was it James81?

dgiharris
07-14-2008, 08:31 PM
WHen you are as hot as she is,

you can fall down anytime you like.

Dear god, talk about breaking the mold.

Whew....

Jcomp
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
No fall can ever be funnier than the tumble taken by Michelle from Destiny's Child (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to9PhaWv6wE&feature=related). Extra hilarious because the other two just look at her like, "Again?" and keep on going while she tries to get back and up and keep dancing. Nothing else you can really do in that situation, but still...

As for whether or not public humiliation is funny, as someone who publicly humiliated himself twice in the same damn dunk contest in front of a couple-hundred students in high school, yes... yes it can be very funny.

Dawno
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM

And this would have been a much better post with which to lead off the thread, IMO. Otherwise, it does look to me like you're laughing at her.

James81
07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
And this would have been a much better post with which to lead off the thread, IMO. Otherwise, it does look to me like you're laughing at her.

Sorry broseph. I can edit that post in if you want.

Dawno
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh, I'm not "moderating" - this is Office Party - Silver King and OFG get to do that. It was just my opinion.

Robert Toy
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
:ROFL: was it James81?
Did she go by the name Savannah the Stripper?

I must say,nice ass though.

mscelina
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
*snerk*

Jersey Chick
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
:popcorn:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/

She falls down. She falls down. She falls the fuck down.

Discuss.

Sorry broseph. I can edit that post in if you want.

Oh, I'm not "moderating" - this is Office Party - Silver King and OFG get to do that. It was just my opinion.

It's my opinion, too... and it would be nice if it were cleaned up a bit, James. ::shrug:: I don't see why it's funny or ironic, but to each his own.

Seaclusion
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
It is ironic that it happened two years in a row. The odds of that happening are probably as good as hitting the lotto.

Richard

Susie
07-14-2008, 11:44 PM
She ain't the first, and she won't be the last. :) Hope she didn't hurt herself.

dgiharris
07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
It is ironic that it happened two years in a row. The odds of that happening are probably as good as hitting the lotto.

Richard

I predict that it is the start of a trend, a curse, and that from now on, 'someone' will fall.

Next year, it will probably be USA again.
The universe likes things in threes and USA falling 3 times in a row is too irresistable for the 'fates' to pass it up.

Mark my words. I predicted it first!!!

Mel...

Robert Toy
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Why do they call it Miss Universe when you only have Earthlings participating?

Pagey's_Girl
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Why do they call it Miss Universe when you only have Earthlings participating?

You wouldn't want to see a Martian in a swimsuit. Trust me on that.