PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, positive thoughts needed



Southern_girl29
07-14-2008, 07:16 AM
My husband and I are currently expecting our second child. Last Monday, we went for a regular appointment and decided to have the screening blood test for Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida and Trisomy 18. The test came back positive for Trisomy 18, which means our baby has a one in 10 chance of having it. Our doctor has told us that Trisomy 18 is incompatible with life. Many of these babies die in utero; the rest die before one month. Not very many at all make it to their first birthday.

After an indepth ultrasound last week, the maternal fetal medical specialist has decided we need to do an amniocentesis. He said in some shots of the ultrasound he saw a cystic hygroma and in others, he didn't. This can be a huge problem. We are doing the amnio on Friday.

The next weeks are going to be hell. I'll need all the prayers and positive thoughts I can get. Thanks so much.

JJ Cooper
07-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I can't imagine what you must be feeling now. You have all of my positive thoughts and I hope it all works out well for you and your family.

JJ

milhistbuff1
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
May things work out for the best.

MsK
07-14-2008, 07:25 AM
So sorry you are having to go through this. It must be heart-wrenching. Prayers sent and will keep positive thoughts for you.

reigningcatsndogs
07-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Prayers are definitely coming your way.

brianm
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
You're definately in our prayers in this house, SG. God bless.

Mumut
07-14-2008, 08:51 AM
All my best wishes for the best outcome. Keep us posted, if you can.

Susie
07-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Southern, praying hard that everything will be ok. Many :Hug2:'s.

Fraulein
07-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Ditto what Mumut said. :Hug2:

Jersey Chick
07-14-2008, 09:27 AM
We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers here in the Jersey household - and of course, plenty of :Hug2:

Mandy-Jane
07-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Thinking of you all. Hoping that everything will be fine.

Southern_girl29
07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you so much.

grrrrrshon
07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
best wishes.

samgail
07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
sending prayers and good thoughts your way
Sam

JoNightshade
07-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I'll be keeping you and your little one in my prayers. God bless. Don't be afraid to lean on others during this time.

EriRae
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Please keep us posted. :Hug2:

nerds
07-14-2008, 02:04 PM
angels for your shoulders



:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

:2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel::2angel:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
:Hug2:

Southern_girl29
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers.

Cranky
07-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I'll be praying, too. :Hug2:

Soccer Mom
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you, hon.

MoonWriter
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.

P.H.Delarran
07-14-2008, 07:56 PM
prayers for strength and wisdom and comfort to you and your family.

TerzaRima
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Southerngirl, you will be in my thoughts.

Calla Lily
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Prayers for you, the baby, your DH and your family.

Southern_girl29
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you so much. This board is wonderful for support.

oarsman
07-15-2008, 04:33 AM
My positive thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Southern girl.

Pagey's_Girl
07-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Sending more hugs and good thoughts...

Appalachian Writer
07-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Keeping you in my prayers. Doctors are not always right. I pray that they're especially wrong this time.

sheadakota
07-15-2008, 06:55 AM
more hugs coming your way

joyce
07-15-2008, 06:58 AM
:Hug2:Sending prayers your way. I hope all goes well and the doctors are wrong.

Southern_girl29
07-15-2008, 07:03 AM
I am holding onto the positive right now. The baby is growing right on target, when most Trisomy 18 babies are at least 2 weeks behind.

Jean Marie
07-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Saying some prayers, too.

JLCwrites
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers for good news. (Hug)

Joe270
07-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I hoping for the best for you and yours, SG.

I'm with App Writer and Joyce, doctors are often wrong. That's why the phrase 'second opinion' was created. I sure hope they made an error here.

sheadakota
07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
SG, I don't know if this wil be any comfort to you or not- I hope it is; When My first child was born, the Doctors thought he had downs syndrome- he was my first child and we were devastated by the news- they thought his facial characteristics were typical of a downs baby. we had the advised genetic testing down and took him home- we waited four days for the result and found out the results were negative- he was perfect- he is now 11, and recieved the president's award for academic excellence this year and has a straight A average.

Have hope.

Little Red Barn
07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Sending hugs and prayers, southern.

Southern_girl29
07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
My doctor did tell us that our chances of the baby having it are 1 in 10, which means there is a 90 percent chance that the baby doesn't have it. Of course, that 10 percent is just too much for a parent's state of mind.

Before we do the amnio on Friday, they will do another in-depth ultrasound because the baby will have grown by then. Hopefully, some of the gray areas (like the cystic hygroma and feet turning in) will be clear by then.

Petroglyph
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh, T. You and your family are in my prayers.

JimmyB27
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Hell, what an awful thing to have to go through. Here's hoping it all turns out alright. :Hug2:

Southern_girl29
07-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Thanks everyone. I belong to several boards on the Internet, and this, and one other, are the most supportive I've ever been on. Thanks again.

soleary
07-17-2008, 04:38 AM
The great part of having a God is that we can believe in miracles. I am praying for you, writer friend, and all of your family and loved ones. May God bless you and keep you, and hold you in the palm of His hand.
:)

Kthrok
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
S.G. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, but something tells all is fine and your worries are for not

HeronW
07-17-2008, 06:32 PM
good thoughts coming to you and yours