WOULDN'T IT BE COOL...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
I just got done hammering out a scene in my middle grader and I swear sometimes it feel like you sweat bullets and have to make bloody sacrifices for every single little word (for those who don't know me......yes, I'm being dramatic). Wouldn't it be cool if everytime you sat down at the computer or picked up your notebook you could flip a switch in your brain and tap into your muse. It drives me nuts that there are times when I can sit down and effortless write pages of really great stuff and then other times I can dwell for hours on getting two sentences on the page. GRRRRRRRRRR. Oh, well, so goes the writing experience I guess that's probably where the saying.......professional authors are amatuers who didn't give up........(did I get that right?)......came from. I also need to learn to quit my propensity for LONG POSTS (quit clapping,...I'm still here and I can hear you).:poke:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Actually, I like reading your posts. So go ahead, yammer away!

Yeah, I fell that way too, many times. My best ideas, my best stories, happen when I'm in bed, just about to drift off to dreamland. That pen is too heavy at that time to lift and write with, and my eyes too unfocused from a day's work to see, so there goes the story or idea. I've had days, too, where I can write for a long time and the words just flow and the characters are speaking coherently. Then there are days when I sit and file my nails, reread an old mss., visit these boards a lot, mosey on over to another writer's board, listen to some music and lean back in my chair....

Status
Not open for further replies.