My Name Is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, as I sit here and look at my fellow members, I’m struck by some of the member names and how they came about or why they’re used.

Now, I don’t know if this has been done before but since this is a new board and we’ve recently had an influx of new members I figured it wouldn’t hurt if we all ‘fess up as to how we got our user names.

Now some of us have member names that are obvious like - James D. McDonald - that need no explaining.

And some have names that we know the basis behind - like Jenna Glatzer, which is actually the anagrammed nom de plume of that famous Belgian madman - Jean G. LaRantz.

And then there’re those like William Haskins – who we all know is actually Lucifer just killing time and slumming it until the Final Showdown.

So – what’s the story behind your member name?

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
JAlpha said:
Oh no you don't . . . you go first Mister Brokenfingers:poke:
LOL!
Actually there is one explanation here:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=126539&postcount=16

But I guess it really has a few meanings.

It’s a reminder to myself that I can’t write, I’m not ready yet and I still have a lot to learn so all my stuff looks like it was written with broken fingers.

It’s also a reminder to myself that there is only one (1) valid excuse for me not writing at the end of the day.

Broken Fingers.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Well then Brokenfingers, I will tell you the origin of my screen name. Actually, I'm part of a secret AW sorority---Alpha, Alpha, Alpha. There's Alphabet, Alphabeter, and me JAlpha. We even have a secret pledge . . . Alpha one and one for all! (Alphabet came up with that)

Oh no. I've spoiled the secret. :Smack:

I guess I'll have to come up with some lame reason for my screen name now.

J - is for the first initial of my name & Alpha is part of the name of the town I live in. It's lame I tell ya, LAME!

JAlpha

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:eek: That is sooooo lame.....:scared: Mine is very easy...(as I can not handle things that are not easy) Since I live in the Southwest ...cactus...plus my first name....Wendy.(at least it's not lame....pppsssbbbbtttt....):Smack:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
JAlpha said:
Well then Brokenfingers, I will tell you the origin of my screen name. Actually, I'm part of a secret AW sorority---Alpha, Alpha, Alpha. There's Alphabet, Alphabeter, and me JAlpha. We even have a secret pledge . . .

Now, I'm scared....

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
My screen name is...um, unimaginative.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I started out with my first and middle initials and my last name. However, my last name is pretty rare, so I switched to this, which I use for my blog, because I am job hunting soon and I don't want people to learn too much about me.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Why no vowels??

Did you have to buy them like on "The Wheel of Fortune"????

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
brokenfingers said:
Why no vowels??

Did you have to buy them like on "The Wheel of Fortune"????

Yeah, and I didn't have enough at the time. :wag:

Actually when I originally chose this name, it was when I joined an IRC chatroom. Thing was, someone else on the server (but in another chatroom), had the name dragonlover, so I had to modify. I just got used to it, and never changed it.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
"JoeEkaitis" is based on my pen name "Joe Ekaitis."

My real name is Thaddeus Horatio Eberhard Fox or T.H.E. Fox for the sake of brevity. When I take off the glasses, the flesh-colored mask and the salt-and-pepper gray wig, I look like this:

Ella

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sumptuosity.blogspot.com
I am regretting my screen name, because it's just frickin boring. It was my great-grandmother's name, and it's very pretty, but boring. I usually use my own name, and may get my user name changed just to cause some confusion.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I had a heck of a time finally getting a name that had something to do with words. I don't consider myself wise, I was shooting for wurdup, but it was taken, (I am talking about when I went to choose an email address) so I had to keep on, even wordwise was taken, thus the spelling. I've gotten so used to it, I just decided to use it as my name here too. Mystery solved, unless you've read the "Trivia for Dummies" thread, and then you already know I ain't wise!:wag:

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
mine . . . left over threads of my youth. the daughter of two sgts, who later retired. my dad continued to teach hs rotc after his army days, and in small towns down south everyone knows the newbies. hence, i was always "the sarge's daughter."

so when i signed onto email, round about a decade ago, i ended up using sgtsdaughter. that came from my dad being unable to spell any other email handle correctly--even my name. now that is odd because he is the one who named me, but i guess it takes all types.

so, i just kept on using it over the years--it's habit and strangely comforting now.
A.

Last edited:

mudflat_marsh_hawk

Registered
Reaction score
One morning while performing BIC excercises, I looked out the window and saw a giant bird on the front lawn under a magnolia tree. It looked something like a cross between a giant robin and a raccoon. After a trip to the library, I found out it was probably a marsh hawk. They're fairly common, but, it's the first one I'd ever seen. I was entranced. The river running through the city where I live is always spilling it's banks and very muddy; hence, mudflat.

;)

--mudflat_marsh_hawk

Last edited:

Crunchy Frog

Registered
Reaction score
Crunchy Frog is from a Monty Python sketch. I just liked the sound of it. :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
vainglory, because that's what my writing is!

veinglory, because my first book was about a vampire--and the neologism will be a more distinctive and easy to use 'nym. (google it and I float to the top like any good... well).

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Although I like my real name, it's too unique to use online. (After someone angry over a chat ban threatened my life, I was glad to have been so cautious.)

"Maryn" was stolen from a little girl in my daughter's kindergarten class for use in a series of erotica stories I wrote in the 80s. I thought it was a nice name, easy enough to pronounce but unique.

Some of those stories have been published now, and I've use that first name as part of my pen name a couple of times, too. The original, real Maryn must be 20 now and will eventually stumble on her sexy namesake, if she hasn't already. I hope she merely thinks it's some amazing coincidence.

Maryn

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
Mine are my initials.
Which I always read as "Kentucky Tied Chicken."

Maryn