Anyone heard from Rick (BFT), or did I miss something?

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone had heard from Rick (bluntforcetrauma) and how he was doing. I apologise in advance if this has been discussed, couldn't find it.

Hope all is well with Rick and his family.

JJ

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
He left. I believe you can look up his last post and his current contact information. He was a good guy. Sorry he left.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I think he left to get help. But I was under the assumption that he would return once better. Just seeing how he was going considering it has been a while.

JJ

Last edited:

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the youngest (not young) of seven and suffered incredible pain each time one of my siblings left the nest. I don't think the AW nest is the same without Rick. Prayers for a speedy return.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I thought Plan A was that he was getting the help he needed and would return at some point when he felt ready. I hope he's okay, and that we see him again someday.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
A few days ago I noticed one of his stories on the western SYW. I read it again for old times sake. He's pretty darn good and I, too, miss him. I hope his therapy is working and he's back on his keyboard soon. I wonder if there's a way to send a card to let him know we're thinking about him.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I sent him an email right after he left and got a reply from his wife. She said when he was home she would let him know I was asking about him. Haven't heard from him, and to be truthful I am worried.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
I sent an e-mail with a link to this thread. Hopefully that will spark something. If I hear back - I'll holler.

Rick once said no one would notice if he left...silly shit!!!!!

ETA: my e-mail came back undeliverable. I hope someone else had better luck.

Last edited:

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I hope anyone who has his email will drop him a line. Our business is an at times difficult and often emotional one. We have to stick together and help each other through the hard times. My prayers go out to him and his family.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I've also been thinking about Rick. I hope he comes back soon! And that he comes back healthy and much happier than he was. :(

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I remembered his last two threads (one is locked) and I just now glanced back through them, and his situation was indeed worriesome, and not just because of the obvious, but for something else he mentioned but no one discussed. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to say anything about it, so I didn't post.

But like I'm sure everyone else here, I do hope he comes back, and ESPECIALLY and more importantly, that he's getting better.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had more news than I do--I would like to have heard from either him or his wife by now.

I know that Rick de-activated his email account linked to this site when he returned home. Perhaps he does need some time, as others have said.

I requested an address from his wife so that we might send cards, but I never got one from her. And frankly, I understand that. As much as we want people to know that we're cheering them on, we have to respect the right of folks to protect their privacy.

If/when/ever I hear from Rick or his family again, I'll be glad to update y'all. And hopefully with good news. Better yet, if Rick would see fit to come back and give one himself, all the better!

Until then, prayers and good wishes will have to suffice.

Let me say that I'm just so glad that we have so many folks around here who care very much about their internet neighbors.