Done! Final page age proofs and new author site :-)

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Done! Final page proofs and new author site :)

It's been an intense 10 days, working on two fronts: correcting the page proofs for my book and getting my "for real" author site up.

But it's finally done! The web developer (who is a gem!) got the site up two days ago (see below) and this afternoon I sent the corrected proofs back to my publisher.

I feel very relieved--also incredibly wired and worn out. Came the closest I've ever come, I think, to a mild anxiety attack last night. Couldn't sleep most of the night, weight on my chest, bad dreams, lump in my throat. It's exciting, of course, and good things are starting to happen already. (Like first book signing has already been set up for January.) I guess it's just something about my very last chance to catch errors, plus facing the reality of my "baby" being out there in the world in six months..it's got me stirred up, I guess.

(I almost posted this in "rejection and dejection" !)

Last edited:

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Great website

and congratualations on the book.

I hope to be you someday.

Mel...

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Thanks so much, everyone!

Thanks for the compliments on the site. I owe a lot to the web designer, Anne Gerdes. I recommend her highly--great to work with, reasonable cost. (Her link is on the site.)

There is a definite AW link here. I found Anne Gerdes through the website of the book publicity expert Bella Stander. I found the amazing Bella through AW "Queen of the Road" author Doreen Orion.

"It takes a village...." as they say.

That author photo--well, can't give credit to AW for that one. The photographer is my younger son!

Think I am starting to unwind now. We are taking my writing mentor and her husband out for a celebratory dinner tonight.

Thanks again, everyone!

Blair