Not open for further replies.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Hi! I'm brand new here, but Christine N. knows of me. :D

I have a question regarding a YA series I've been working on for the last 14 years. I have several stories finished and I was wondering how I should go about querying for it. Should I simply make a query on the first one and completely leave out the fact that it's a series? Technically, the story can stand on its own. So, what should I do? Any help and advice I receive will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~Sonarbabe~

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Woo Hoo! Babe :) :hooray: You're gonna love it here. Check out the Writing Novels board, and the Romance board, and the, well, this board.

Where's that cwgranny? She would be really helpful here.

PS - like that avatar!

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Hehe! :hi: Christine! Glad to be here. I've always had a love affair for Vin Diesel, so when I saw that as an avatar choice, I jumped right on it.

I will definitely check out the other boards, but right now my ADD muse has run out of Ritilin and wants me to edit my series. I don't even have a title for the series yet! lol How sad is that?

Anyhoo, I'll keep checking back for help with my pitiful querying needs. It was so much easier to write the blasted story than it is to pitch it. Have any of y'all noticed that? :Smack:

~Sonarbabe~

KimS

Registered
Reaction score
Don't mention a series. If the book sells (and sells well) then you can talk about series. But it will come off as over-zealous if you talk about a series, especially if this is your 1st book or 1st time submitting to a certain publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.