God and Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Found an interesting site this week that I thought I'd post a link to--it's one of the better sites I've found which considers the way our study of the natural world (science) can 'declare to us the glory of God.'

http://www.godandscience.org

There was some discussion concerning Dawkins' book, The God Delusion, on another thread here at AW, and thought I'd throw in this link as well, which raises some valid questions (I think) about some of Dawkins' assertions:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/the_god_delusion.html

windyrdg

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
capearagopress.com
I've quit letting people like Dawkins upset me. I pity 'em. Can you imagine the feeling they'll have in the pit of their stomach with they come face to face with the creator of the universe? Imagine realizing you've thrown your whole life away on a silly ego trip. Man hasn't changed. Some of us still want to pretend we're God, and it's hard to do unless you deny His existence.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He doesn't upset me. (God is Sovereign.) But his books are being discussed among some today who are searching for some grounding of sorts in what they believe (and are read by both Christians and nonchristians), and for that reason, it's interesting to take an honest look at the dialogue on both sides.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I've quit letting people like Dawkins upset me. I pity 'em. Can you imagine the feeling they'll have in the pit of their stomach with they come face to face with the creator of the universe? Imagine realizing you've thrown your whole life away on a silly ego trip. Man hasn't changed. Some of us still want to pretend we're God, and it's hard to do unless you deny His existence.
I don't pity them. That sounds so dismissive. I do regret the decisions they've made, but ultimately it's their God-given right to make and I respect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.