Sold The Whole Series!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I'm floating right now.

I just accepted an offer from Dorchester for my next two books, which neatly wraps up my four book series--or will when I'm done writing them, but whatever, a minor detail. :tongue

The release dates aren't set in stone, but it looks like the third, McAlistair's Fortune, will come out June/July of '09 and the fourth, untitled for the moment, in the fall or winter of '09. That makes for four books released in about a year. :snoopy: and :e2thud:

What's really, really cool to me, is that when I came to AW in Oct. '06 (I think, can't see my avatar/sig/thingy from here) I had one unagented manuscript and no idea what to do with it. Now I've an amazing agent, an outstanding editor, two books done, a third partially done, and four sold. Wow. Thank you, AW. :e2woo:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:):Hug2::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:e2arms:ALI!!! I sooooo proud of you, happy for you!!!!!! YOU DESRVE THIS KIDDO!!!!!!
hugs and celebrations tonight, and :cough: go out and buy you some reliable land and cell phones now. ; )

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
:):Hug2::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:e2arms:ALI!!! I sooooo proud of you, happy for you!!!!!! YOU DESRVE THIS KIDDO!!!!!!
hugs and celebrations tonight, and :cough: go out and buy you some reliable land and cell phones now. ; )

LOL! I think SoccerMom will have a hard time beating that with her Snoopies.

Thanks, Kimmi!!

And my phone rocks. . .Most some of the time. It's the curse of a rural life.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eek, Al, wouldn't let me edit the above post, but as always, you know what I'm saying. :_) EDIT THE SPELLING! that is!!! tee hee

Great, job, sweetie

Last edited:

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Inspiring! Congratulations on your success! :Sun:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Advanced warning was given of your arrival, Kimmi, and buttons were made trickier as a result. :tongue

Your post is more than clear enough. :Hug2:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And just beacuse we're sooo happy, more:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::partyguy:
Aaand one dancn' snoopy, cuz I'm nice like that, wouldn't want to take Soccer Mom's thunder, there, ; )
hugs!:snoopy:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Advanced warning was given of your arrival, Kimmi, and buttons were made trickier as a result. :tongue

Your post is more than clear enough. :Hug2:

I swear it won't let me edit my spelling. :0 :Hug2:Wonder why that always happens when we're on board together?

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks, everyone!

I'm really hopeful (and a little nervous, of course) about this series. It's received some nice kudos--great quotes from Kathe Robins and Sophia Nash, and I just sent a Dear Reader letter off for a Borders Newsletter. Seems like things are really rolling along. . .I just hope I can keep up. :D

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I am so happy for you.

And may you have wonderful sales success, become famous and have all your dreams come true.

Congratz....:D