I guess I could move to Calaveras...

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
So. My 6-year-old recently got a tadpole-to-frog science kit as a gift, and, not surprisingly, she wanted to send away for her tadpoles. Fine. I did my research to make sure that the frogs were indigenous because I wasn't thrilled to keep a bunch of frogs in the house forever and we have some nice wetlands area on our property where they will be happy happy.

The pack of TWELVE tadpoles arrived, all alive, but with the huge warning DO NOT RELEASE INTO THE WILD printed across the front. What am I going to do now? They've developed into hideously ugly frog-like beings and have started to try to EAT each other. As of today, I have 4 buckets of tadpole/frogs in various stages of development and I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with them.

Anybody for frog's legs?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
So. My 6-year-old recently got a tadpole-to-frog science kit as a gift, and, not surprisingly, she wanted to send away for her tadpoles. Fine. I did my research to make sure that the frogs were indigenous because I wasn't thrilled to keep a bunch of frogs in the house forever and we have some nice wetlands area on our property where they will be happy happy.

The pack of TWELVE tadpoles arrived, all alive, but with the huge warning DO NOT RELEASE INTO THE WILD printed across the front. What am I going to do now? They've developed into hideously ugly frog-like beings and have started to try to EAT each other. As of today, I have 4 buckets of tadpole/frogs in various stages of development and I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with them.

Anybody for frog's legs?

:roll:

Sorry, but I just find that so wonderfully funny.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:
So sorry Wendy, but I, too, find this amusing. Good Luck with it all. Keep us posted.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Which one's Joe? :ROFL:

frogs_12-up.jpg

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Well, if they don't eat each other first (That vision of One Legged Joe hopping in a circle is cracking me up) and you don't have the room or the desire to be the Frog Whisperer, what would happen if you did release them? How would the frog company know?

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if they don't eat each other first (That vision of One Legged Joe hopping in a circle is cracking me up) and you don't have the room or the desire to be the Frog Whisperer, what would happen if you did release them? How would the frog company know?

They wouldn't, but I don't want to be The Woman Who Upset the Ecosystem. We live near an estuary and I can just imagine these 12 thug frogs hopping on over (well, except for Joe) and eating up all the small wriggling beasts at the bottom of the food chain.

You think it would be a problem? Maybe I can get them to stay on my own property somehow.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm.... Maybe you can call a pet store to take them? Or a zoo or something like that? I'd hate to see the wetlands wrecked by the thug frogs...

I can't imagine anyone would want a bunch of bullfrogs, but it's worth a shot. Either that, or I can try the bait shop near me.