Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
...since I first started subbing my novel. Has it been a long enough time so I can start sending it back to my "Top Agents" again?

In that time I've completely revamped my query so it is almost unrecognizable from then.

I've redone my synopsis.

I've completely redone the first chapter and have gone through one full edit of the entire novel.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. Is that what you do?

Do you have another novel you can start subbing? That's what I did when my first (actually, my 2nd) didn't garner interest. I just assumed it was unpublishable and moved on.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I don't see why not, to be honest. The worst can happen is you get another rejection.

Have they actually seen a partial or full? If not, then your new query should be fine. If they've already read your ms., then you may get the "I've already read this before." It's your risk to take.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Have they actually seen a partial or full? If not, then your new query should be fine. If they've already read your ms., then you may get the "I've already read this before." It's your risk to take.
No, these "Top Agents" have only seen either just the query or the first 5 pages, both of which have changed.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a completely different project (total rewrite) then I say query them again. The worst they can do is reject you again.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
No, these "Top Agents" have only seen either just the query or the first 5 pages, both of which have changed.

May I also suggest you workshop your query at SYW before sending it out, if you haven't done so already? I think it helps to have extra pairs of eyes for it...

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
OK, what everybody above me said. :)

And I would consider a change in the title. I'm regularly amazed how titles and pitches stick in an agent's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.