You're going to need some cheese to go along with this much whine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
I just got back from the PA site. As the very proud owner (NOT) of not one, but will be two, of those niftly little paperweights, you can not believe how incredibly stupid I feel. It wouldn't even bother me so much that I felt stupid because at least I learned my lesson. What really got me down and out tonight was going over to their board and reading some of their posts. It almost made me what to cry (actually it made me feel a bit violent but cry sounded better) to read these people posts. I'm a realist and for some of these writer just being able to get their story in book form with their name on it and the chance to say they are published authors is enough, especially not having to pay money for it. Its people like me that bother me. You just don't know the feeling of joy I had when I was accepted by PA......a real publisher (NOT) but I didn't know that then. I worked my butt off trying to get the word out on that book. I had waited 20 years to be brave enough to try and publish it and the first publisher I sent it to excepted it. You have no idea the HELL I had to go through and still go through over that damn book and then to find out I went through all of that just to be scammed. Then they try and tell me that I sold a total of 6 (total 6) books. That is an out and out horrendous lie. I've kept track of my Amazon rankings, Ingrams in England said they sold 8, Barnes and Nobles sales rankings, and my blogspot where I advertise the book has had over 1,065 visitors. [email protected]. (just in case your curious). I've been a little careful about talking about it since I'm wiggling and struggling to get out of my contracts. Wasn't that so philothropical of them to accept my second book after only selling a total of 6 of the first one that was a more specialized audience on a popular theme (my first book....the second is a children's book). Real bleeding hearts those people there at ole PA. What really torqued my screws was that I must have gotten the old contract because their language about electronic publishing rights of the author were hazy to say the least with some really nice wiggle room until I mentioned it. Then they sent me these ammendments to my contract to help me and to make my life easier (yada, yada, yada). If I had signed the damn thing it would have tied their rights up tighter than a -------------let's just say tight. BUT now if I wanted to present it to another publisher and they accepted it and I gave them a copy of the contract.......yappa yappa yap....(you get the message)...Like that was ever going to happen. They are such a sleazy, slimy, creepy....I'll get kicked of this site if I say what I really think of them.:Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang:

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........I just need a hug :cry:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: These will help you make it through the night. :)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
mdmkay, I'm so sorry. But at least you learned, and you won't make the same mistake going forward. Have you visited this forum's PA thread under the Beware and Background Check board?

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: having been the victim of $#%#%# scammers myself, i completely symathize and send you many hugs and yummy swiss chocolate and a breakfast of belgian waffles and something very hard to thwap those evil people with.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Thank you all so very much. I was feeling sooooooooooo down when I posted last night. I am feeling better today. I do follow the thread on PA (which isn't easy considering how many posts they get a day). It does make me feel better knowing I wasn't the only one but it really wasn't myself I was feeling so bad about. I KNOW now what creeps they are. I guess I shouldn't have gone over to the PA boards because I was so heartbroken to see so many happy posts by people who really thought they were on their way to fulfilling their dream of becoming an author. There is something you have to understand, I'm a very pragmatic person, and I think that PA could very well serve a valuable purpose for people who have written a book and all they want is to see their book in print so they can sell it themselves to their relatives and friends and feel good about themselves. The thing I have a BIG PROBLEM with is PA trying to pass themselve off as a traditional publisher that will lead to a real step towards a carreer in writing (who in their right mind would ever use them as a reference, or even admit they had a book published by them?) It isn't that they are publishing books that is torquing everone's cord its the fact they lie, steal, and scheme to scam authors to do it.:box:

Status
Not open for further replies.