Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
Because I think I'm on it. Like some guy who keeps writing bad checks. Pretty soon every business in town knows about him.

Seriously, is there such a thing?

-MM

Wow. I don't think so, MM. I know there are some agents who are pretty tight with each other and they share stories, and you'd have to have done something really horrible to get put on their black list. Like stalking. Or writing obnoxious and rude rebuttles to their rejections. Other than that, I'd say no.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Nah. The cruel truth is that if they're rejecting you, they most likely won't remember your name long enough to put it on a list. To get on a list, as Karen notes, you'll have to be spectacularly obnoxious.

Not that I'm doubting your abilities, MM. I'm sure you're just as capable of being obnoxious as the next guy! ;)

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I read on an agent blog somewhere that some agents DO have a list of names of prospective authors who are deemed impossible to work with. I'm going to check now to find the blog and I'll ETA as soon as I get it.

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
There is a blacklist, informally, among some groups of editors.

It's more a matter of authors who are belligerent to editors/agents, those who argue with rejections and are generally a pain in the ass to work with. Chances are, you aren't "that guy/girl", so it's simply a matter of finding the right editor/agent.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I never heard of such a thing and I certainly wouldn't give it any thought. However, I do agree with StoneTable about pain in the ass writers, not that I think you would ever be one.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Melancholy, you need to change your name, dude. I mean this in the best possible way, but seriously. Your job is killing your soul, the agents and editors are all out to get you.... Lighten up! Get back to work on your latest version of North Korea blowing up the world and ENJOY yourself for a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.