Baaaaaaaaaad lunch!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Lunch break gone bad? Not get what you ordered? Taste bad? Overpriced? Just not what you wanted/needed/craved? Find a bug in it? Not thrilled with your first visit, didn't meet your expectations???

When we're at work, we look forward to that hour when we get to run to the free world, endulge in what ever it is we're craving, take time to enjoy it and then go back to the hell we ran from.

The lunch hour can be a crucial part of our day, and when it goes bad, it will more than likely effect the rest of our day. Wether it be that we continue to crave something, but we just don't know what, or that we are physically sickened by our choice, or we hated it so much, that we didn't eat enough and suffer throught the rest of the day by that horrible emptyness only to push ourselves to the vending machines where we then continue shoving crap into our mouth hoping to relieve the longing for what we didn't get earlier.

It happens to all of us, so, tell us...what happened to your lunch? If not today, in the past....? Lets hear it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll start ~ I passed up the overpriced baked salmon rolls at my favorite sushi mart because they were out of the Cali rolls I prefer. So I wandered down a couple of marts in the food court and ordered the shrimp tempura rolls. Which were priced competitively with the Cali's mentined above, so I thought hey, can't go wrong.

Before I paid, I noticed they also served vegi-trays - steamed rice with vegies served on top. I grabbed one of those too...cause I was extra hungry.

So, my rumbling tummy heads to the kitchen to eat. The rolls sucked. The tempura shrimp portion of it was ok - but hardly any shrimp to be found. The seaweed lining was tough, couldn't break it and it was such a large roll it required biting. The piece of avacado they wedged in there was miniscule. I had already chalked it up as a loss, and should have stopped there. BUT, I opened up the vegi-tray to see a mound of steamed rice, with what looked like cabbage steamed over top, and a mushroom sliced so thin to make it appear as if there were more of it. And absolutely no flavor on any of it.

So, I spent $7 on lunch that sucked. When I could have - had they not ran out - spent $4 on my Cali rolls.

So now I have a tray of crappy vegies to "fix" when I get home, if they survive the rest of the day in the fridge.

The problem, I am now craving vending machine crap.

MDavis

The Brunette She-Ra
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh crap. It's 4:36???

I missed lunch. DEFINITELY bad lunch. :(

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Totally qualifies for a crapped out lunch.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Things that make me want to kill at lunch... The tomato with the green middle or stalk part.. WTF Would you want to eat that ......you little #$%^&^%$ who made my sandwich at SUB FREAKEN WAY. Soup that is so damn hot you could melt lead in the crap, I got 15 minutes to eat and NO pocket refrigerant to cool the soup, Jerks turn the heat down on the soup.
The McDonalds with the congeiled cheese that is now cemented itself to the side of my microwaved double cheese burger..... This is a capitol offense, who the hell wraps the congieled cheeseburger with any thoughts of human consumption, and while were visiting the Freaking Golden Arches, Lets fill the frie box all the way to the top.... I swear one day I will take the half of box of fries back to the counter, pour them out and count them and demand a frie count on every box of fries they sell,,,, God!!!! they screw you on fries....
Sauce, ketchup, salt, please remember to put it in the bag since I've asked you 25 times....
The worst.....Salad you want a salad for lunch and what do you get, BROWN lettuce, crap salad dressing, the little tasteless cherry tomatos, six strands of shaved carrot, a purple thing, (your guess as good as mine, cabbage, nose hockey, carpet lint, who the hell knows) and salad dressing that was made in a beer vat size hopper and sealed in a plastic squishy bag that you can never get out. Not that it would improve the taste of the salad.... Thanks I needed that...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I find that on days I'm trying to pinch my pennies and still get a decent lunch are the days I'm completely disgusted by my choice. I guess that's a given.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
it's horrible Jenn, and when I seen your thread I kew exactly where you were coming from. Its like the people who make this stuff couldn't care less about the heep they throw on your plate.... THERE SHOULD BE A LAW!!!!!! oooppppss I guess there is....

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
About a year ago I took my wife to lunch at Red Lobster. I was about haflway through the salad when I noticed a hard, dark silvery object at the bottom of the bowl. Upon poking it, I discovered it was a nut. Not a nut from a tree, a FREAKING HALF-INCH METAL NUT LIKE YOU'D FIND IN MACHINERY!! A called over the waiter, the manager, and several busboys. Nobody had clue one how it got there, but I'm glad I hadn't scooped it up and put between my choppers. Oh yeah, they comped us the meals, which we upgraded to lobster. Better believe they did...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUNCH!

So, I spent half of what I spent yesterday, today on my lunch. I went to the grocery store - TADAAAAAH THERE'S AN IDEA!!! - and bought a frozen dinner for $1, Chicken Florentine w/spinache in Alfredo sauce, a Sunkiss Orange, for $0.80 which was juicy and deelish, a tub of fresh strawberries for $1 and they too are sweet and juicy, and for dessert, a Hershey's Bar for $0.79. Total, $3.59.

I am quite pleased. Not only am I satisfied, I've had 2 servings of fruit. A small if not half a serving of poultry, some pasta, some dairy, and a whole lotta sweet from the Hershey's Bar. :)

Yesterdays crap cost me over $7. And all I got out of it was a couple bites of shrimp in tempura batter, and steamed rice. Blah.

Oh wait, that's not true, I got a vegi-tray that I still have to find a way to fix tonight. If I remember to take it out of the fridge and take home with me.