AMC Theaters

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The MovieWatcher program is a scam.

OK, not really, but they could have done a better job with their reward system. I go there a lot and every time they either just give me these useless $0.50 off coupons or a coupon for "small popcorns." Like who cares?

I just now realized I have over 150 points in the account. And you only need 10 points to get a free movie ticket, or large popcorns, or whatever. So, I have 15 free movies sitting in my account but why didn't anyone ever tell me? Why doesn't their system say, "Hey, you're entitled to a free movie. No, correction, 15!" Plus you can't really check and redeem anything at their kiosk. You'll have to go online, and then you'll have to request your freebies at the box office. How's a customer supposed to know?

I'm miffed.

Ray, going out now to see his free movies

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Fabulous!

I have credit to be gotten for the first movie I purchased a pair of tickets to before receiving my card, but after I joined the club. I was supposed to show them my movie stubs, but never did. Think I lost them, not sure.

Either way, I've only gone a few times, and until now didn't realize I was accumulating points...

runs to log in to her moviewatcher account. :p

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
A small popcorn? What are you supposed to do with that? I guess you could have fun throwing it on the floor or across the theater. (Hint: A freebie small drink or candy would be much, much better. :))

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Movie theaters. About 18 years ago some then-friends and I regularly went to movies at the two multiplexes at Gwinnet Place Mall (in Atlanta suburbs). I recall we would get our cigarette fixes (most of us smoked) in the lobby right after the movie. Six months later, after a movie, I lit up and was informed that the lobby was no-smoking. The guy who told me that probably wasn't even working there six months earlier...

Since then I quit smoking and have been to maybe one movie every five years. In the past couple of years I've been back in the area of Gwinnett Place Mall (there's a new Fry's Electronics near the mall), and BOTH of those theaters are closed down. Not changed into anything else, just closed. At least one has a big For Lease sign.

I'm just sayin'...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
A small popcorn? What are you suppose to do with that? I guess you could have fun throwing it on the floor or across the theater. (Hint: A freebie small drink or candy would be much, much better. :))
Hot dogs. (RHPS reference - yeah, I haven't seen a lot of movies, but I did see a midnight showing of 'that' - a truly theatrical experience).

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
You know what's a rip off? That "reward" program (I forget the name) for some cinemas in Montreal. The card looks super spiffy but you need like 1500 points to get a free movie and you only get almost no points every time you buy a movie ticket. I'd have to go to the cinema (the most expensive one in the city btw) all year to get one f***** free movie.

Ah well, I don't go to the movies much anymore anyway. I love the feeling of it but I might as well just watch TV or rent DVDs for less. I ain't got no monies.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
(Hint: A freebie small drink or candy would be much, much better. :))

Sure, but the popcorn's cheaper on their end.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
The worst thing I've noticed about AMC Theaters is that they run advertisements disguised as movie trailers before films are shown. They mix them with legitimate previews to hawk automobiles and cell phones and whatnot. That sucks. I can stay home and watch commercial television for free all day long. But when I pay top dollar to watch a new release, I'd rather not view Honda's latest crap hybrid or T-Mobile's current campaign to dupe new customers.

And if these companies are helping to defray the cost of screening films, shouldn't we be paying less at the box office instead of more?

Before you know it, they'll be interrupting films in theaters every ten minutes or so to sell us shit like they do on network television, and we'll continue to pay for the privilege because we'll have grown accustom to the practice.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hot dogs. (RHPS reference - yeah, I haven't seen a lot of movies, but I did see a midnight showing of 'that' - a truly theatrical experience).
*sihg* I'll never forget the time I saw RHPS and somebody threw cooked chicken Rice-A-Roni[SUP]tm[/SUP] during the wedding scene. Thank ghod they had the sense to let it cool down before they brought it to the movie...

And you ain't lived until you've helped the theatre staff clean up after a showing.