PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather do than...

MelancholyMan
07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
... go to work tomorrow?

I'd rather split open my cranium with a dirty oyster shucker then spoon out my brain with a melon-ball scoop than sit in front of a computer and work on satellite guidance algorithms.

AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!:mad: :eek: :e2zzz: :Headbang: :e2drown: :e2cry: :rant: :sleepy: :cry: :e2bummed:

-MM

DeadlyAccurate
07-07-2008, 06:17 AM
That sounds about right, though I'm redesigning a website written in classic ASP to ASP.NET 3.5 for a boss who changes his mind about how the front page will look every single time he views the site. So nearly three months after starting the job, I still haven't put anything into production.

Karen Duvall
07-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Gee, MM, that sounds awful. :scared:

Can't say I have it so bad. Though I'm not looking forward to the work-week, I'm self-employed and have no reason to complain. Still have work to do, though, as much as I'd rather be working on my WIP. Plus I need to finish the latest round of revisions my agent asked for, and I'd rather do that than design ads and format a book for a big accounting firm. Sigh. Must pay rent. Must buy food. :e2hammer:

MsJudy
07-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Nyaah-nyaah-nah-nyaah-nyaah!

I'm a teacher and it's SUMMER VACATION! So I don't have to go to work. Ha, ha, yay for me!

(Of course, there's this MS that was supposed to be finished last month, and I still have 4 chapters to go, and maybe the first one is going to get rewritten AGAIN, and since I don't have to go to work I have no excuse for not being finished yet....But still...)

Tasmin21
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
At this exact moment, I'd rather spork my own eyes out than be here. I'm tired of corporate idiocy.

Blondchen
07-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't mean to be the fly in the ointment, but as a general rule I like my job. Although today I have to sit on a horrific conference call at 1pm which is the epuivalent of sporking my eyes out, Tas, so I can commiserate.

Red-Green
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
My job only requires a warm body during this time of year, but I'd still rather not be there.

As for the home lobotomy MM describes, I think if a person did that, he would not have to go to work...

VGrossack
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
what exactly is sporking?

Tasmin21
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Spork - inbreeding between a spoon and a fork. Not much good as either implement.

MelancholyMan
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
That sounds about right, though I'm redesigning a website written in classic ASP to ASP.NET 3.5 for a boss who changes his mind about how the front page will look every single time he views the site. So nearly three months after starting the job, I still haven't put anything into production.

Yes, I told them months ago that we needed to do it one way but they decided to do it another. Guess what? It turns out I was

a) right
b) wrong
c) it doesn't matter because either way I have to do the analysis

-MM

David McAfee
07-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I'd rather sit, bare-assed, on a pile of lemon juice coated razor blades.

Karen Duvall
07-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I'd rather sit, bare-assed, on a pile of lemon juice coated razor blades.

:Jaw: