How'd y'all enjoy your ...

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
July 4th weekend so far? Hope it was great. Ours was quiet, but nice.

Please discuss.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It was great... except for the 'vapor leak' that developed in my car. They have to do a 'smoke test' to find the exact spot of the leak, but no matter where it is, I'll end up getting hosed. :(

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
It was nice. We had a cookout/bonfire at the beach and ate s'mores. Also shot off some contraband fireworks and watched the legal town display down the beach.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Mine was great! Friday we went to our annual fireworks display in the city. One thing that really warmed my heart is they had a family onstage that they were honoring due to the fact that their serviceman was in the military. They were very surprised when he appeared behind them onstage with a bouquet of roses. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

Yesterday we pretty much just lazed around and today I went to my aunts to catch up with the family and do some tarot reads. Oh, my aunt offered to proof some of my work- she said she used to edit a lot of stuff- who knew?

I wish these weekends could go on forever.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Loved it! Got to relax, see some friends, see Wall-E (GREAT movie! Go see it if you haven't!) I could get used to these three-day weekends....

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
We had a ball. We rented a chalet in the Smokey Mountains near Pigeon Forge, TN and did touristy things i Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge all weekend. This was also to celebrate our 12th anniversary, which was July 6.

Traffic was horrible in Pigeon Forge, and we spent half the weekend sitting in traffic, but we had a lot of fun otherwise.

TIP: Don't go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge on the Fourth of July weekend. I thought fewer people were traveling because of high gas prices, but evidently that isn't the case.

allen

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Caught a Phillies game, and weathered the rain for a 9th inning win.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you all had a terrific 4th, cept for OFG's car leak and allen's traffic congestion, but otherwise it sounds great! Happy week.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I had an outstanding time! Watched a local fireworks display just up the street from where I live, and was almost moved to tears as I thought about the price people have paid for freedom over the centuries. :)

To those who live and and are willing to die for freedom, thank you.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Deepy upsetting. I still can't believe we lost the colonies, to be honest.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I worked till 5 p.m. but came home and grilled some big juicy ribeye steaks. I was too tired to walk to the beach so we watched the fireworks from the backyard.

Fiat Lux

Registered
Reaction score
Since I moved my two horses to a small farm down the road, fourth of July is always tough. The neighbors to the farm get a permit every year and set off very big very loud fireworks. The properties are rather small, so the fireworks are very close and my horses get the full force of the noise. If anyone knows anything about horses (especially high strung Thoroughbreds), you know that horses HATE loud noises.
Every fourth of July, I put the horses in the barn, close up all the windows and doors, turn on the fans and radio for white noise, and try to keep the horses calm for the 30-40 minute fireworks show. Thankfully, once the noise is over, the horses settle down some. I feel awful they have to go through that every year, but at the moment, I have no choice.
The GOOD thing about fourth of July is that when the town sets off fireworks, they do them over the lake (it's always a different night than the neighbors' fireworks, for some reason). My brothers and our friends ride out to that end of the lake in the motor boat and watch the fireworks from the boat -- very cool. And my family gathers at my parents' house at the lake and we visit and go sailing and boating. And of course we cook out.
I work every day (freelancing) and hardly ever take a day off, but somehow I don't get much writing done on the fourth of July! :)