A Company Bought 300 Books!

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.queenoftheroadthebook.com
I spent the day Wed. at our local, ultra-fabulous Celestial Seasonings. I blogged about it, so won't repeat here, but they had me do a signing for their employees (now you know why CS is ultra-fabulous: the company bought 300 books for their workers - has anyone ever had an employer buy you a book? I didn't think so :), then one for the public in their tea shop where we sold another 50. It was an amazing day and it occured to me other writers could partner somehow with local companies in their areas. My doing so with CS was quite by accident, but I'm very grateful to them.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. What a fabulous day you must have had. Also, thanks for sharing the idea. I can see how it could work, especially for writers who have nonfiction books. I've spoken and signed books in other venues, but never before thought about trying to arrange same with companies. I'm going to bring the idea my agent's attention and work on same myself -- with her approval.

Once again, thanks for sharing and contined good fortune.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. 350 books in one afternoon! Wasn't your hand ready to fall off from all those signings?

Congrats!

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :hooray:

Sounds like a fabulous idea and thanks for sharing.

Continued success with your book.

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Everyone was asking me if I had writers' cramp, but I think I was so jazzed from the adrenaline, that even if I did, I wouldn't have noticed.

As for convincing them to buy all those books: CS chose QUEEN OF THE ROAD for its summer book club pick. And, because I'm a local author, the company did a TON of extra promotion. See my blog for details.

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I should clarify: CS has a book club for customers. (If you click that link, you'll get an idea of what this means. It's really a fabulous promotion for the company - and me!) They provide menu ideas and recipes with their teas. The customers are all over the world.

My book was the first local author they picked, so since I'm right here, they asked me to do a reading/signing for the employees and a bunch of other stuff. Buying 300 books for the employees and families was strictly their idea. (They told me they picked the book and did all this because they loved the book - LOVE that company!) By the time I did the reading/signing, many employees already read it, so the event was particularly fun for me.