I don't mind rejections so much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
for example:

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>Thank you for your submission to XXXXX Magazine. We've decided it doesn't work for us, however.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3> <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>Following are some of the editorial comments for your consideration.<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3> <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>I hope you will consider us again in the future.<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>blankie blanky<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>Senior Editor, <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>don't want to make her mad at@ me<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'">

but I do find them hard to decipher sometimes.:Coffee: At first I thought I hadn't had enough coffee, but after two pots it made even less sense.

Really is courier as opposed to times roman some sort of statement?:eek:

I just didn't know what make of that. :Huh:

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
I like Courier, but my fiance says it makes him feel like he's typing in robot-ese.

Maybe the editor is subtly (cough) telling you you're non-proportional!!1!!

Other than that, looks like a pretty nice rejection to me. :)

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
He just got choked up, is all

jojabees said:
for example:

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>Thank you for your submission to XXXXX Magazine. We've decided it doesn't work for us, however.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'"><FONT size=3>Following are some of the editorial comments for your consideration.<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'">

I think the editor is trying to tell you that he thinks the potential audience for your work SPANs several genres, but interest in such works at publishing houses is MARGINal, at best. Nonetheless, he finds your writing style very COLORful, the character development and dialogue so well-done that your writing is in a CLASS of its own. Your work has so moved him -- he's feeling so unusually (MsoNORMAL) drawn to your work -- that you're like FAMILY.

No?

Oh, well -- just forget about it.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
Proportional is matter of perspective.

I have proportions that some have never dreamed of, [and] most wouldn’t want but that’s another story.

smallthunder said:
I think the editor is trying to tell you that he thinks the potential audience for your work SPANs several genres, but interest in such works at publishing houses is MARGINal, at best. Nonetheless, he finds your writing style very COLORful, the character development and dialogue so well-done that your writing is in a CLASS of its own. Your work has so moved him -- he's feeling so unusually (MsoNORMAL) drawn to your work -- that you're like FAMILY.
:Clap: :ROFL:

Once I pasted it into an HTML editor, it was a very encouraging rejection letter.

Last edited:

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I can't read the original post; my computer seems to have sneezed the contents into some HTML spray of computerese chunks. So I'll simply offer my condolences, a box of virtual chocolates, and encouragement to submit elsewhere.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
dragonjax said:
I can't read the original post; my computer seems to have sneezed the contents into some HTML spray of computerese chunks. So I'll simply offer my condolences, a box of virtual chocolates, and encouragement to submit elsewhere.

Nope that's the rejection, that's the way it came, a giant chunk of HTML.

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
Just copy and paste it into notepad and save with the extension .htm or .html. Then double click on it to open it in your browser.

I'm a puzzle addict and this is a very tiny fix. Someone write a post sans vowels so I can spend an hour decoding it. ;)

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
soloset said:
Just copy and paste it into notepad and save with the extension .htm or .html. Then double click on it to open it in your browser.

I'm a puzzle addict and this is a very tiny fix. Someone write a post sans vowels so I can spend an hour decoding it. ;)

Tht kl p dwed t drw sw t thght tsj ?. tncc stcg m rf rtd ht tsp sw dd ? thw.

Natalia

I Moved Your Cheese
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Ugh...

I would be upset at that type of stuff... I feel your pain...

I was upset with London Magazine because they insisted that even overseas submissions should be mailed..not be emailed and that I should include international return coupons... so fine I did all that and then they sent me an email rejection...lol oh well... they are my market to be broken... so I take the abuse... sucker!

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
Natalia said:
I would be upset at that type of stuff... I feel your pain...

I was upset with London Magazine because they insisted that even overseas submissions should be mailed..not be emailed and that I should include international return coupons... so fine I did all that and then they sent me an email rejection...lol oh well... they are my market to be broken... so I take the abuse... sucker!

That does seem a little silly on their part.

<shrug> I try not to get upset, it's not personal. Either her computer messed up or my ISP's mail server shorted out. Since my email was spamming half the people I sent messages to last week, who am I to complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.