PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a beta reader for a highly erotic thriller

NVS
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Hello authors:

I am posting here seeking an honest, no-holds-barred critique (I'm a big boy, I can take it) of my 78,000-word erotic thriller. The content is frequently explicitly sexual and centers on very, very dark/edgy/controversial subject matter, so if you're a YA-only type or Amish or otherwise possibly offended by such material (I don't want to write "easily offended," as that seems quite judgemental), please devote your time and energy to Beta reading another author's effort (we ALL appreciate your feedback). If you're otherwise intrigued and willing, perhaps even as a trade, please PM me, and let me know if you would be willing to read just a summary or the entire ms.

Many thanks,
NVS (envious)

lmclean
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I, however, am not offended in the least and by explicitly noting that some people may be offended by your work, helps those who know themselves to look elsewhere as you suggested. There is nothing to be offended by.

Darklite
07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Just wondering how controversial is your idea of controversial? I mean as opposed to regular erotica. I might be intrigued enough to take a look, I'm not easily offended, but even I have my limits :)

NVS
07-04-2008, 02:51 AM
...I'm afraid defining my "degree of controversy" is like searching for the price tag on a couture dress: "If you have to ask..."

As a guide, I'd offer it's nothing too far outside the shock of J.G. Ballard's Crash. If that appeals, please let me know.

My thanks to you and lmclean for your replies.