What graphic novel are you into right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
I am doing a slow re-read of the Sandman trades which have always been my favorites. I also recently read the first Alan Moore writing Swamp Thing trade and I liked it. My current favs would be the Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest trades...I love it. I was in the shop today selling some comics because I'm short on rent and they had the new Killing Joke hardback that I want.

Bagoth

Registered
Reaction score
Volume two of The Boys and ordered Avengers: The Intiative, I'm in the money.

Troo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pantechnicon.net
Mostly I'm into Negima!, D.Gray-Man, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, MPD Psycho, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Qwan, and the online graphic novel The Phoenix Requiem by Sarah Ellerton.

goatmam

Your imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I only mentioned my current read, but if you add the get backers, hellsing, rurouni kenshin, and digimon, you'd have a group of some of my personal faves.

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to finish the first volume of "Concrete". It's a lovely read, I just can't find the time for it.

Oh, and I finished reading Warren Ellis's "Fell". Holy smokes. It's a great trade, but you need to be prepared for the wild ride he takes you on. ^_^

-An

Troo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pantechnicon.net
Well I only mentioned my current read, but if you add the get backers, hellsing, rurouni kenshin, and digimon, you'd have a group of some of my personal faves.

I just tend to have about ten books on the go at once :)

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
Concrete was a lovely read, I recommend it to everyone. It's a beautiful slice of life book about a man who's brain has been inserted into a concrete body. Nothing superhero about it, just his struggles to adapt and have new adventures. It's by Paul Chadwick.

And I have the second volume of Buffy season eight around here, that's next on the reading list. It's by Brian K Vaughn, who is most truly awesome. ^_^

-An

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
"Making Comics" by Scott McCloud

I'm working getting the prelims done to start mine. Prelims meaning a lot of early 3-D work since much of it will be produced in Poser. :)

Platinu

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing a slow re-read of the Sandman trades which have always been my favorites. I also recently read the first Alan Moore writing Swamp Thing trade and I liked it. My current favs would be the Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest trades...I love it. I was in the shop today selling some comics because I'm short on rent and they had the new Killing Joke hardback that I want.

You and I are on the same page of late it seems. I just bought the Sandman graphic novels and I'm also reading them, savoring them, and just all around enjoying the heck out of them. I haven't read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing yet but I just put it on the list. I signed up for a ton of trades last month at a place in Tucson, AZ that will mail them to you at the end of every month. I'm giddy I'm so geeked out from discovering this service exists.

I just read the 3 Annihilation books (are there more? No idea.) and the first Nova book that has Annihilation ties. I enjoyed those a lot.

I bought the Killing Joke years ago, is there a new version or a reprint of the first one? That book is by far my favorite graphic novel ever. It's so dark yet poignant. I felt it in my heart, swear to God. Such a great story.

I have other graphic novels I loved that I may ramble about later when I can remember them. Oh, anything Astro City.

When Wild Cards comes out in Graphic Novel format that will be a keeper also. Those novels are amazingly good if you like comics. (Especially the later ones, the first two are just backstory/history/set up but they're worth reading.)

GreenFriend

VIVA Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The scene wherein Mina and Alan go to the woods looking for Moreau. The rest of the thing was pretty good but that scene just ruined it for me.

Have you read why they met? It talks about why Moreau survived his own book and everything. Look up Jess Nevins.

I liked the idea as Moreau is one of my favorite works of fiction.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Mostly I'm into Negima!, D.Gray-Man, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, MPD Psycho, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Qwan, and the online graphic novel The Phoenix Requiem by Sarah Ellerton.

I'm also into Full Metal Alchemist and The Phoenix Requiem. :D At the same time, I'm also reading Haru-Sari, Nana, and Ouran High School Host Club.

^Graff

Slasher.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm re-reading all of my Runaways and Young Avengers issues in preparation for the most recent Secret Invasion arc. They're basically amazing.

And I'm also re-reading Neil Gaiman's 1402, which is about as essential as his Sandman.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
Have you read why they met? It talks about why Moreau survived his own book and everything. Look up Jess Nevins.

I liked the idea as Moreau is one of my favorite works of fiction.

I like Moreau. The interaction between Mina and Alan was terrible and ruined the thing for me to a point.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Any of you guys read LoEG: The Black Dossier? It's mixed media--sometimes straight text, sometimes comic.

There was a 3-D section at the end that was, IMHO, amazing.

Also, I think vol. 3 of LoEG is due out in Novemberish.

Lola Colleen

Registered
Reaction score
I actually just finished the first two volumes of LoEG. My library doesn't have Black Dossier. Also I'm working through Fables right now which I think is great.

I'm slowly making my way through Sandman because I want to actually own all of them and I'm only up to 4 right now. Graphic novels are expensive and not really a priority for me. :/ I'll finish them all eventually.

rubberbands

Registered
Reaction score
Blankets, by Craig Thompson. such a beautiful book. Must steal it from the library someday. I await Sandman 5 to come in the mail- B&N never has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.