PDA

View Full Version : Cards, Letters, Etc. for Writer???... see here!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-29-2008, 06:28 AM
We're gathering cards, letters, whatever (as long as it's small, please!) for Writer???. If you'd like to contribute well wishes, please send them to:

Gooszen & Associates
Attn: JD-AW
4701 SW 20th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73128

These will be packed into at least one of the post office's Priority boxes and sent to Jeff along with a printout of the well-wishes thread.

Let's say the box will be mailed on July 8thJuly 11th. That'll give y'all a little over a week to do your mailing.

Get those cards and letters in the mail, folks. ;) And keep your prayers and get wells coming. Our friend Jeff can use all the help we can give him.

Pat~
06-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks so much for organizing this, OFG. :e2flowers

Jean Marie
07-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Very cool, OFG. How's he doing, btw?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-06-2008, 12:36 AM
We haven't heard any news. :(

JennaGlatzer
07-06-2008, 09:40 AM
There's a good update here!

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2494607

OFG, think you could hold off another couple of days? Sorry I slacked. I'm sending a card on Monday.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
You bet... with the holiday, I bet a lot of folks have slacked. :)

I'll send the box on July 11!

Get those cards in the mail, peeps!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Ooooookay! I got a pleading message to wait one more day 'cause someone someone forgot. :) Since I don't go to the office on Fridays, that gives everyone THREE more days. Whatever comes in today, Saturday and Monday will go out Tuesday to Writer???.

Get those cards in the mail, folks! You're not too late!

KTC
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I missed this thread... been away. If I put a card in the mail today, I'm not sure it would get there in time. Can you send my best wishes, Ol' Gal???

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Actually, Colonel... that's a heck of a good idea! How 'bout those of you who are procrastinators (like me) and those who've just missed this thread (like Kevin) tell me to sign a card for you? I'll find the biggest one I can today and whoever tells me to sign their name (screen or real) by way of this thread, I'll do so and send the card out Tuesday. :)

Jean Marie
07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok, then, please sign my name, OFG :)

Thank you!

Otherwise, I was going to send a card, today.

Gee, my real name, which is my...uh...name...

quickWit
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
If it wouldn't be too much trouble please sign it for me OFG.

Thanks very much. :)

jannawrites
07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
You're so kind to do this, OFG. Please sign:

Prayers from jannawrites.

Pagey's_Girl
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Sign it for me, too, please - I just saw this thread and I don't think I can get something there on time either.

SpookyWriter
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Don't forget me. I just got my international stamps today, so I'm a little late sending a card.

Add something believable.

JennaGlatzer
07-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Me too, please. I did send a card, but one can never have too many names on a big Get Well card, right? ;)

Danger Jane
07-12-2008, 02:58 AM
I just saw this thread, too--can you sign from Danger Jane please?

Jean Marie
07-12-2008, 05:03 AM
You're awesome to do this, OFG!!!! :Hug2:

AncientEagle
07-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Please add me. Thanks.

MoonWriter
07-12-2008, 07:42 AM
OFG - Please add my name to the card. Jeff and his wife are in my prayers.
Thank you.

kdnxdr
07-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Dear Jeff,

Though we've never met, AW has served us all well by bringing us into a family. Much love and thoughts are coming to you that you should be well and up soon.

Recently, I had two serious family heath events, one in Missouri and one in Texas. I'm in Mississippi. I was so torn to be with both of my loved ones. God is so awesome! He assured me that I needed to grab hold of the power of prayer and that He would do the rest. He put my anxiety to rest and flooded me with Peace as only He can give it. For both of my loved ones, God realeased His goodness and mercy.

In the Name of Jesus, and for His Son's sake, I ask You, Father to touch Jeff. Let him know how much he is loved and cared for by You and so many others. Be near, Lord, bringing your comfort, peace, joy and strength. Work miracles for Jeff, Lord, such that this experience will become a testimony of Your grace and power to the doctors and all those concerned. Glorify Thyself that others will know there is a living God who cares. Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit.

Thank You, Jesus, for touching Jeff with your healing virtue. Amen.

Sincerely,

kid

Chumplet
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I just saw this today, OFG. Please add my name to the card if you haven't sent it.

Chumplet

Cassiopeia
07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
And mine as well sweetie. I just saw this today as well.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-14-2008, 12:12 AM
I've got everyone up to this point... still watching for additions. I'll mail on Tuesday to give me one more chance to pick up the stuff that comes in to the office tomorrow.

CACTUSWENDY
07-14-2008, 04:27 AM
My prayers and best wishes for you guys.

We miss you......

I look forward to your speedy recovery and hope to see you back with the gang real fast.

The popcorn is waiting.....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::p opcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Silver King
07-22-2008, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry to share the news that we've lost our friend, Jeff. He passed away yesterday.

Mary has started a thread here (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110214) where we can share our thoughts.

Closing this one with a heavy heart.