Plans for the Fourth of July (non-U.S. citizens welcome too!)

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
I was just wondering what ya'll are doing to celebrate Independence Day this year.

My SIL is getting married. It's going to be hot - the entire wedding's outside. The guys are in tuxes, and the us girls are in pretty heavy (but pretty) dresses. I'm excited for her, but I'm disappointed that we won't get to see fireworks this year.

But we WILL get to use sparklers!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
We drag the BBQ out to the driveway, invite the neighbors, drink a few micro brews, let the kids play on the slip and slide, and around 10pm... when it is finally dark, we light off the fireworks. Good times. It is my favorite holiday.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
We join two families who host a major party on Potomac Creek. One of the hosts is a beer distributor :D and he brings his beer truck with four taps off the side. (About 200 come to this party.) :e2drunk: If we're lucky we go with another couple who have a boat. Then later we watch the fireworks from the boat on the creek!

Last edited:

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Got relatives coming in from out-of-state to spend some time so we plan on having a huge pool party and BBQ, it will probably last the 3rd, 4th, 5th and the 6th. Seriously, thats how long they will be staying so that is probably how long the partay will last. Oh, I almost forgot...fireworks everynight too! I've got a serious hangover just thinking about it and it hasn't even started yet....:D

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
We're gonna drive about 3 hours north to my college town, the place all of my relatives have slowly begun to migrate since I "discovered" it for them. ;) Anyway we'll probably go to see a fireworks show out on the water, eat a lot, talk a lot, and generally be thankful for each other's company.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I will be working a bit of overtime. But getting paid double time and a half and still getting to watch the fireworks over the beach is worth it. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I'll actually be not working, that'll be different. :) We have a beautiful old park nearby, there'll be fireworks, an outdoor concert and picnics, blankets, wine, older folks and veterans in their folding lawn chairs, kids in summer dresses and crisp shirts running around, all that stuff. Lots of old-fashioned spirit. I'm really looking forward to it, particularly since I haven't had a true day of leisure since April.

:)

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Haven't the foggiest what Kthrok and i will do, besides grocery shopping (it's pay day and G.S.T. day, yay!). I just know that he will be home cause he traded working on Canada Day (that's Tuesday folks)at time and a half for Independence Day off with pay then too. Good move on his part...his company is from the States and they're gonna be closed anyways :tongue.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The first is our official holiday, but the 4th is the beginning of our 10-day rodeo and party called the Calgary Stampede that gets the whole city involved.

So there'll be a huge parade that shuts city centre down in the morning and, oh, yeah, fireworks at night and lots of fun for everyone.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
We will have friends visiting from out of town, so a big day is in the works. Picnic at the beach, complete with sandcastle building contest. Fireworks display over the harbor at night.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
We're planning on sitting on our balcony and watching the fireworks over Lake Michigan. We are in this sweet corporate apartment in a high rise in downtown Chicago with an unbelievable view...

Then we're going to wander around the Taste of Chicago festival, where we will enjoy the musical stylings of Stevie Wonder.

My SIL is getting married. It's going to be hot - the entire wedding's outside.

My husband- then boyfriend - drug me to a wedding on the 4th a couple of years ago... and neglected to tell me it was outside. By the time I showed up at the reception, I was bright red!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
It's just Mr. Susie and me, so we'll prolly just barb-b-que on the grill and have some hamburgers & fries. Happy July 4th y'all. Have a fun and safe one. (Hey, that rhymes:))

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Where do you work?
"Thank you for dialing 9-1-1. What is your emergency?"

"I can't log onto AW!"

"OMG! Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies?"

"Yes I have. Nothing seems to work. Please help me!"

"Sir, calm down."

"I can't help it. I'm gonna kill myself; I swear I will."

"Let's not be hasty, and we'll save that option as a last resort. Okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good. Now listen to me carefully. Have you tried to reboot your computer?"

"No."

"Then try it now."

*A long pause.*

"Sir?"

"Yes?"

"Were you able to log onto AW?"

"Hang on a second. I'm trying right now."

*Another long pause.*

"Hey, it worked! Thank you so much for your help, Lady 9-1-1 operator-whomever-you-are. You saved my life."

"No problem, sir. That's all part of the job. Glad to be of service. Good night."

"Wait a second. Don't hang up yet."

"What?"

"Well, if you're ever in the neighborhood, you should visit AW."

"Sir, I visit there all of the time."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Huh. I don't think we've ever met. I'm Silver King."

*Click.*

"Hello? Hello?"

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
"OMG! Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies?"

You know, I ran into a goddamned glitch with Santa last Christmas over that. I left him milk and cookies and he left me a note saying it's cache and cookies, okay?

*sigh*

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Our holiday is on Tuesday July 1st, and since our week is in limbo (my mother in law passed two days ago) it's gonna be pretty quiet until the funeral next Saturday.

In the meantime, I'll be yakking up the internet because BAD ICE will be released electronically on Canada Day! Excellent choice for a hockey romantic suspense.