• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Willing Beta Reader--tradeoff maybe? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy Tarquinson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
medevalmaiden.deviantart.com
I'm going on a trip next week and I think I might have some time on the plane for some reading (providing that I don't get motion sick--urp! XD) and also my summer class is ending which will give me a LOT more free time. I'm a very, very fast reader but I admit to procrastination so you might get lucky with me and you might not. XD Feel free to poke me through email or PM once in awhile to make me feel guilty enough to finish it. I check my email a lot throughout the day so if you're as impatient as I am and want to talk about the chapter I'm on, I'm totally up for it.

I prefer Sci-Fi, fantasy, urban fantasy, romance, and anything that might pique my curiosity. I especially like time travel stories. I don't like much swearing at all, nothing really 'too dark', and no sex scenes/mature content (probably YA romance then...XD).

I'd probably be better at getting the whole gist of the story, marking plot holes, rather than grammar (though I can do grammar too if you want me to). I mean I'm 22 and I'm just about done with undergrad college (that one last class!) but I'm still learning more when it comes to that. XD

I am looking for people to Beta my story too, it's undergoing a major revision so maybe you could just clear a few dates for me next month when I get it into a form that I'm comfortable with. (70 k words in and I haven't figured out an ending yet! o_O) I could also send you an outline and character personality list, and you could help me with that instead if you like. I'd rather have both of course, cause I'm dying to know what people think of my story already even if it's got a construction crew hacking away at the foundation at the moment. My story is a sci-fantasy, it's got a little bit of each. It's pretty much a hero's journey-type tale, but I hope my take on it is interesting enough. :D

I'd really like to build a good Beta-reader relationship with other writers here! :D

Last edited:

Kenneth E. Wimer Esq

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wimer.net
Have Manuscript

I have a novel that needs reading. I have 2 beta readers now, but could always use a third opinion.

It's name is ECHO 10, and it's a spy novel, no sex, light cuss on rare occasions. it is 71K

Status
Not open for further replies.