Got My ARC

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
I don't usually post about me, so this feels very self important, but I was just so thrilled this week to get my ARC. It’s a super snazzy looking mock-up paperback of the book and I couldn't believe how great it felt to get a physical representation of my baby into my hot and sweaty hands. I also can’t believe how substantial it feels, I guess it didn't hit me til I held it and flipped the pages and looked at the shiny covers with my name on it. This is a book, I wrote it. Wow.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Thanks Cate and Calla.

Cate, it's not the final cover, it's just the ARC... you know the limited print run of books that the publishers do for foreign sales and reviews? It's a real book and all, but not the one that'll go out to the shops :0D

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
You totally deserve to post about this. Congratulations!

Reilly616

Registered
Reaction score
Brilliant news! I can't wait until I can post something similar! Definateley post a pic!

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but what does ARC stand for?

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Brilliant news! I can't wait until I can post something similar! Definateley post a pic!

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but what does ARC stand for?

ARC=advance reader's copy, or something like that. the one they send out to get reviews and blurbs in time for the real publishing date.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Congratulations! Definitely worth a post--I plan to do the same whenever I get mine! (Hey, I'm even excited about getting the page proofs next week, even though it means back to proofreading hell for awhile;-)

So can't we even see a picture of the ARC--really, we'd all love it,even without cover!