Question re Press Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

bescarce

Anyone have suggestions on how to price for writing press releases?

I used to work in the tv news biz and a few people have asked me about doing releases for their small businesses. They would be pretty easy for me to do, but I have no idea what to charge.

Thanks!

wardmclark

Re: Press Releases

Depends on what the subject is, how long I have to spend interviewing people, and how much I like the client. ;-)

///This message has been edited by the moderator to delete pricing information which is not allowed in this area. It is not proper to discuss pricing on a public message board, you could join a writers association to find out that sort of information as pricing depends on the writers experience, expertise and media contacts. There are many other factors involved in setting prices for your writing business and you won't be able to set prices until your business is properly set up and a business plan is one way to get that all in place.///

Hiddenhelper

Do you have an hourly rate for your work? If so, I would just use that and multiply it by 2.5 or 3 (the max hours I expect it would take to write an average 1-page press release) and charge a flat rate.

If you don't have an hourly rate, you'll obviously need to figure that out first. A very wise person I once heard speak said to figure out what you "need" to make, and then add 20%. :D

Good luck.

Lauren Hidden
The Hidden Helper
www.hiddenhelper.com

Tish Davidson

prohibition

does the prohibition against mentioning price apply to the entire watercooler or only to the biz board?

DiTryin

Re: prohibition

"does the prohibition against mentioning price apply to the entire watercooler or only to the biz board?"

This came up in a Yahoo group I'm in -- something about the legality of posting such info. Who'd da thunk it?

It's safe to assume it can't be posted anywhere here and should probably be avoided in other boards/forums as well.

Diane

Find great gifts for every writer on your list!
www.CoolStuff4Writers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.