PDA

View Full Version : Having a freak out, not in a moonage daydream, unfortunately

Nakhlasmoke
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Okay. so I have a belly dance concert in 2 days.

I'm in 2 troupe dances, one advanced dance (how that happened, I still don't know, I feel like crying every time I think about it) and a solo (another wtf ).

I've just found out one of our troupe members isn't going to make the show, so we have to redo the formation on the day of the concert.

This is me, in a puddle, crying and freaking out. All my costumes suck (and some aren't even finished yet), I can't dance to save my life, I loathe my solo, and I'm just going mad now.

AAAH.

Please, someone, tell me it's going to be okay.

Tink
06-26-2008, 04:46 PM
IT IS Going to be OKAY!!!! :)

sheadakota
06-26-2008, 04:54 PM
you're better than you think you are- the costumes will be perfect- now BREATHE! It will all be fine:Hug2:

Perle_Rare
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
As an author, you know about point of view, right? From up close, costumes always look horrible. From the audience's POV, the same costumes look fabulous. So don't sweat it.

Just do your best... which is all you can do anyway! I'm sure it will all be fine! You'll do great!

Better than I (and 99.9% of the audience) would, anyway! :D

Nakhlasmoke
06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys :D. And Perle - good point about the costumes, that's kinda eased my mind.

ACEnders
06-26-2008, 05:47 PM
As an author, you know about point of view, right? From up close, costumes always look horrible. From the audience's POV, the same costumes look fabulous. So don't sweat it.

Just do your best... which is all you can do anyway! I'm sure it will all be fine! You'll do great!

Better than I (and 99.9% of the audience) would, anyway! :D

So true! I danced for years, and I hated all the make up they put on my face. But they swore that from the audience, it looks great!

You'll be fine! Breathe, and try not to stress!

And break a leg!