Book done, time to query!

pollykahl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pollykahl.com
Not sure where this goes so please forgive me and feel free to move it if it's wrong. I just had to announce that I finally finished my memoir. It's very different than I thought it would be, and much longer than I wanted it to be at 385 pages and 119,000 words, and that's after removing 100 pages. It's going off to three beta readers while I work on my query and I'm looking forward to getting their feedback so I can make it as perfect as possible. But for now, I have done absolutely everything to it that I can, and it feels good to let it go. This is such a great feeling!

I'll be posting my query when I'm done with that so hopefully I can get some helpful feedback on it. Meanwhile thanks to all the AWers who have helped me over the past year by giving me feedback, both here and with private submissions. Everyone has been wonderful!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, pollykahl. Post your queries - always lots of people happy to help.

pollykahl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pollykahl.com
Thanks everyone. Querying is kind of intimidating so I'll be posting it on AW for feedback first. Want to put my best foot forward when agent hunting.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
congratulations, Polly!! Most definitely an accomplishment, and time to let that baby go for awhile at least! Will look forward to seeing your query.