PDA

View Full Version : My son is published!

dolores haze
06-25-2008, 06:40 PM
The school district puts out a literary magazine at the end of every school year. My son, age six, had his story selected to be included. It's called 'The Grape Juice Cow." I'm so proud I could burst.

Anyone else want to boast about their kids?

SpookyWriter
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
The school district puts out a literary magazine at the end of every school year. My son, age six, had his story selected to be included. It's called 'The Grape Juice Cow." I'm so proud I could burst.

Anyone else want to boast about their kids?My kids never call, don't send me cards for my birthday or father's day, and basically ignore me. They're great!

Cranky
06-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Anyone else want to boast about their kids?

That's so awesome! Congrats to your little man. :D

Kthrok
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
grats dolores thats great news

Hillary
My kids (erm, eggs) make me crampy for a few hours once a month. That irritates me so badly, I never even give the little bastards the opportunity to turn into embryos.

Best mother ever? Yeah, I technically don't have kids, but I'm still the best mother ever.

(But really, congrats to your little boy. I'm the daughter of a writer, and nothing has ever made me happier than when I wrote an email to my mother and in her reply she said "Babe, you're a writer!")

MoonWriter
Great news, dolores. We're happy for you both.

:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil

Perks
06-25-2008, 06:48 PM
That's really cool. Wonderful news!

quickWit
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM

My latest MS is called 'The Fruit Drink Guernsey', as if you didn't know.

You and your little plagiarist will be hearing from my attorneys.

melaniehoo
06-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Dolores! That's great news!!!

Ignore the mopeyhead above me.

dolores haze
06-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Quicky is just jealous. It hasn't escaped my notice that my little guy has been published before me. Little stinker! And he wasn't even trying. His teacher sent the story in to the mag. I'll show him this thread when he gets home. He'll be so pleased!

ACEnders
06-25-2008, 06:59 PM
That's awesome! Congrats!

Hobbes
06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Very cool! When do we get to read it?

Tink
06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Congrats to your lil' guy and to you....:TheWave:

dolores haze
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Susie
06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Way2go and congrats, Delores. That's super! And congrats on your kids stayin' out of your hair, Spooky. :)

talps
06-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Woo-hoo! Congrats to you & Jr. Haze!

I still have a couple decent film connections out here, so let me know if you need anything for the screenplay adaptation of The Grape Juice Cow!

Sounds very art-house!:D

Sarita
06-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats to the little Haze! Can we read his masterpiece? :)

dolores haze
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Can we read his masterpiece? :)

I got a quick look at the story, but couldn't score a copy. I'm having a copy of the mag sent to me. The story is about a cow who eats a lot of grapes, turns purple and starts giving grape juice instead of milk.

quickWit
06-25-2008, 09:17 PM
The story is about a cow who eats a lot of grapes, turns purple and starts giving grape juice instead of milk.

Oh, that's nothing like my MS. In mine the Guernsey represents man's struggle against himself, and Fruit Drink is symbolic of humanity's hubris and loss of respect for the natural order of things.

And in mine the Guernsey eats Oprah Winfrey. :)

dolores haze
06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I still have a couple decent film connections out here, so let me know if you need anything for the screenplay adaptation of The Fruit Drink Guernsey

Sounds very art-house!:D

In mine the Guernsey represents man's struggle against himself, and Fruit Drink is symbolic of humanity's hubris and loss of respect for the natural order of things.

And in mine the Guernsey eats Oprah Winfrey. :)

Talps - meet quick. Quick - Talps. Do I get a percentage?

Fraulein
06-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Congrats! :)

Captshady
06-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Uh oh! Another writer is born ;)
Kudos to you both!

MsK
06-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Way to go young man!!! Cool story idea too!!! :Thumbs:
Congratulations proud mama!!!

:snoopy::banana::snoopy::banana::snoopy::banana::s noopy::banana::banana::snoopy::banana::snoopy::ban ana::snoopy::banana:
:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil
:TheWave::TheWave:

WendyNYC
06-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Aw, he takes after mommy. Congrats.

Matera the Mad
06-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Does this make you a grandauthor? :D

C.bronco
06-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Yay dh! :D

aliajohnson
06-26-2008, 05:32 AM
:snoopy: That is fantastic! :snoopy:

I can only imagine how proud you are. When I told my six year old niece that I wrote a book, she went home, wrote a story on one piece of notebook paper, drew a picture on another, and had her daddy staple the two together along one edge. She gave it to me the next time she visited. I don't think anyone is going to want to publish it,:D but I'll cherish that book till the day I die.

CONGRATULATIONS to your little guy!!

Pat~
06-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Wow, published at six! No wonder you're proud. :D That's really neat, Dolores--especially for a writer mom, I think.

My daughter has also thrilled me with some of what she's written over the years. The first sonnet she ever wrote was for her AP English class this year, and it was phenomenal--scored a 99. (Okay, that's my brag!)

dolores haze
06-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks, everyone!

I showed him this thread right before bedtime and he was grinning from ear to ear. He has lost a couple of baby teeth recently, so you can imagine how cute that was!