PDA

View Full Version : Need a beta reader with teeth

BrigidMary23
06-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi, everyone. I'm working on an urban fantasy about a woman who sees a swordsman killing things on the streets of Baltimore -- but she's the only one who can see him. I'm about 70K words in, and I have two major twists. I'm starting to worry that I've outwritten myself -- meaning I'm not good enough to pull this off.

I have an excellent crit partner who has read the whole thing in 5 - 10 page chunks as I've written it, but I really need someone to take a hard look at the bulk of what I have and say either, "This is crap. Start over," or, "This is the hottest thing I've ever read. I wish I worked at Random House and could give you five million dollars." (Or something in between. You know, as you see fit. =D)

I'm more than happy to do a beta read in return. I'm a fast reader, and I'm brutally honest. My tastes run to urban fantasy (I don't mind vampires), paranormal romance, mystery, suspense, etc. I'm not the right person for historicals, traditional romance, or horror.

If anyone out there is interested, please reply here, or PM me, or shoot me an email to brigidmary@gmail.com.

Thanks!