I think I have prophetic powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuatolives

Gonzo Journalist
Registered
Reaction score
The first novel I'd ever written was about a collapsing building in New York City. 9-11 happened about a week after I finished the novel and I remember tossing the novel in a trunk saying, 'So much for that book.' I didn't even bother querying it.

Grr.

My next book was about a levee breaking in New Orleans. Enter Katrina. I stopped writing after the hurricane struck and tossed the still kicking and screaming corpse of a novel into the same trunk, saying 'So much for THAT book.'

Grrr!

My next novel was about the end of the world brought on by oil wars and a mortgage crisis. I wrote this paragraph in September 2005:

[FONT=&quot]"As best I understood, the end of the world, both in my kitchen and the financial hubs of the world, had something to do with a man named Jeb Wolfe and something called the zero down mortgage. Both had a lot to promise and sounded so good to so many people, it was inevitable two things would happen; first, Jeb would become President of the United States; second, someone would eventually come looking for all that borrowed money."

GRRRR!
[/FONT]
If you're curious, this book ends with the Chinese taking over Japanese Oil platforms in the East China Sea and an invasion of Russia and Russia nuking the United States out of spite.

The book I just finished is about scientologists taking over the world, so we might be safe for a while.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
That is ........not a trait I woud want. I write about serial killers and horror stories.

Is a Tom C. MC anywhere in your book?

kuatolives

Gonzo Journalist
Registered
Reaction score
You know I'm reading through this first novel of mine and it's not half bad. Probably still no market for it 7 years later though...

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Hey just a note if you ever get lottery numbers to pop in your head, we at AW would be glad to put a pool together I'm sure....lol

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Shoot Don. Count me in on that one.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>runs to make out dream list now of all the things I can get with that kind of money.

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
That's scary. Today I was walking in NYC and a fortune teller told me she'd read my palm and I tripped and fell. Is that a bad sign?

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
That's scary. Today I was walking in NYC and a fortune teller told me she'd read my palm and I tripped and fell. Is that a bad sign?

Those people have scary powers, I always find it best to be polite and tip 5 bucks before passing... twilight zone music please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.